email problems

mrygor123

Reaction score
I have several email address and have been using the email app that comes with the phone. Since I purchased the phone I have had problems with getting the email. I have it set to go out and search every 15 minutes. I never happens right. If I turn off the phone and turn it back on it will retreive emails. Maybe once after that. Then it will sort of clog up. I have tried the refresh and load more messages. Nothing works until the phone is turned off again and turned back on. When it does download emails it will only get parts of some them. When you touch to open some of them it will just say "loading" and never load completly. I have it set to vibrate to notify me when I have new email. At the rare times that it retreives email it repededly vibrates every few seconds and then I clear it out by looking at them and it starts its vibrating process over again.
I know the phone works best if you use a gmail account. I do have one and know I can link my other emails into my gmail. The problem with this is if you reply to someone it will show up as sent from your gmail not the address that they sent to.
I like most everything else but I would really love to get the email working correctly

Tatootie

Reaction score
dude is your phone stock ? this kinda makes no sense to me. I have multipul.emails too and droid handles them perfectly.

OP
M

mrygor123

Reaction score
It is stock. The first thing I did was set up the email and it has worked like this since I first set it up.

OP
M

mrygor123

Reaction score
It only hold a day or 2 of emails for each account. I dont even have an option for how far back I want the emails held. They are not on an exchange server.

Tatootie

Reaction score
It only hold a day or 2 of emails for each account. I dont even have an option for how far back I want the emails held. They are not on an exchange server.

brother
there are options for how many days you want , etc.
its all under your account settings.
let me know of you need more help

OP
M

mrygor123

Reaction score
I was told by my neighbor that he had options for that but my phone doesnt seem to have them. I have checked several times. If I go to account setters there is just
Account Name
Your Name
Email Check Frequency
Default Account
Email Notifications
Incoming Settings (all for the server)
Outgoing Settings

Tatootie

Reaction score
hmmm.
your right. I maybe was thinking of exchange.
all I can suggest is a factory reset. sometimes things can get weird.
if your phone is v stock, this is way weird

OP
M

mrygor123

Reaction score
I do think you are thinking of exchange. And I also think it is very weird. It is also very frustrating. I will have to figure out if there is anything else I will lose if I do a factory reset. It is a v stock phone that I purchased from Costco. I will see if I get any other posts and then I might be forced to more drastic measures.
Thanks.

sre123

Reaction score
same problem

I have the same issue on my phone with my POP3 email. I went to the Verizon store and was told (by a woman who seemed like she was new and didn't know much!) that apparently it is not the phone, but email/internet provider (I have Optimum). She said that Optimum constantly is changing the settings they use and there is nothing they can do about it. I find this hard to believe.
Since I went to the store it seems to be worse. I have been turning it on and off several times a day to retrieve my email. I never had a problem with this until about 1 month ago. I have had the phone since late November.

HELP!!!!:greendroid:

OP
M

mrygor123

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe as well since I have 5 emails all with different providers. They can't all have the same issue.

Chilazr

Reaction score
I think I'm having the same issue too. I use my POP3 e-mail and I'm not getting notifications about incoming e-mail. I get them, but it's not alerting me. That's my main complaint. I mean shoot, my stupid HTC Imagio running WinMo 6.5 was able to alert me when I got email in. I get notified when my Gmail account gets mail, though. But since I don't use that account really, it doesn't matter.

jimnutt

Reaction score
The best way to handle email on the Droid is to have your gmail account pick up the mail from your other accounts, it's fairly easy to set up and consolidates all your email into one place.

Chilazr

Reaction score
Yeah. I went into 640k's sig and found exactly what I was looking for. Now my POP3 e-mails are forwarded into my Gmail. But I can still reply through my POP3 address. And I had it keep a copy of the emails I send/receive on the server that way I have a copy of them on my Outlook the next time I open it. Took a little hoop jumping to get it all straightened out the way I want it, but it's not a problem anymore for me. Thanks, 640k and everyone that has worked on this issue!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use k9 because the stock email app has couple bad bugs. K9 let's you pick from any sender address that you like. Be sure to set "Folders to display to all". If it still doesn't check your email, wifi may be the issue.