Gmail, android market wont update fails every time...

dnalorx

Reaction score
Im running Liberty rom GB c0.8

Every time it trys to update ither two it fails every time and i can not get it to work.... Any help?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im running Liberty rom GB c0.8

Every time it trys to update ither two it fails every time and i can not get it to work.... Any help?

For any app that is included as part of the rom, updates from the market generally won’t install. This is because they are in system/app, and are designated as read only (unless, like some roms, there is a mechanism that allows system apps to be moved to data to allow for updates). If you really want the updated app, and don’t want to wait for an update to the rom, you can accomplish it a couple of ways (well for the Gmail app any).

For the Gmail app: DO NOT DO THIS WITH THE MARKET APP

The easiest way is with Titanium. Use it to change the app to a "User App" and then delete it. Go to the Market and reinstall it.

Another way is thru root explorer. Go into system/app, and then click the "mount r/w" button (to change the system files from read only to read/write). Then find the app, long press on it, and then hit "delete". Then push the "mount RO" button to change back to read only, exit out of root explorer and then reboot (this is important to get the change in system apps to "take."). When you boot back up, you should be able to install the app from the mkt, with the update.

For the Market App I think you are going to have to find the new market apk and put it on your sdcard and install it after having deleted the old market. Well, I would not actually delete it, I would rename it market.apk.bak. That way if the new market apk install does not work you can go back and undo the name change.

Good luck.