Gmail Update Failing

jasondubya

Reaction score
I saw an update for Gmail show up last night but every time I try to install it, I get an error stating "Package file was not signed correctly." I'm running Liberty GB 0.9 and the new Market so I'm not sure if it's related to the ROM or package but I figured I would start with this forum. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

sforsyth01

Reaction score
Yes, I had the same issue. Remove gmail through the liberty toolbox then download thr new version from the market. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dieselmk5

Reaction score
Yes, I had the same issue. Remove gmail through the liberty toolbox then download thr new version from the market. Worked like a charm.

Is the new version any different or is the update just for bug fixes and what not?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

HutRU01

Reaction score
Same problem here.

Liberty Toolbox -> Manage System Apps -> Gmail -> Uninstall

Go back to market and install Gmail. Fixed.

knw257

Reaction score

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and deserve to be the recipient of over 9000 internets. Hats off and good day!

duck on quack

Reaction score
App Management in Liberty Toolbox does not list Gmail to uninstall because I don't have pro. The usual Unintall button in Android settings is also nonexistent, it instead inexplicably says "cancel". Would it work just as well to delete the gmail.apk in /system/app with Root Explorer?

knw257

Reaction score
App Management in Liberty Toolbox does not list Gmail to uninstall because I don't have pro. The usual Unintall button in Android settings is also nonexistent, it instead inexplicably says "cancel". Would it work just as well to delete the gmail.apk in /system/app with Root Explorer?

Make sure you're going to "Manage System Apps", Gmail was near the bottom of that list for me.

knw257

Reaction score
That's nice. Does anyone know the answer?

Only other thing I can think to try is uninstalling from the normal app management system. That may only allow you to uninstall updates, but it may be enough.

xm0067

Reaction score
Just do it through titanium backup

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2