Gingerbread PEOPLE!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate that error. Personally, i would sbf again If another wipe of data and cache doesn't work. I've had this error before and i needed to sbf again.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Beka27

Reaction score
I tried a it a couple more times and still nothing. Is there any chance I had the wrong SBF file downloaded? Everything seemed to fine at first... Now I'm paranoid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried a it a couple more times and still nothing. Is there any chance I had the wrong SBF file downloaded? Everything seemed to fine at first... Now I'm paranoid.

Randy Kelly is almost always on twitter. Give him a tweet, he's a nice guy he might be able to help you out.

From what it sounds to me you downloaded the wrong SBF files. I bricked my D2 after successfully completing an sbf. I think I had the wrong files too.

aplechaty

Reaction score
Beka try the SBF file at this site.
Droid X SBF I downloaded from there and it worked for me when I SBFed and upgraded to Gingerbread..

Beka27

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm downloading it now. I thought I had the right file, but maybe not. Can I get into bootloader if my phone is in a bootloop?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm downloading it now. I thought I had the right file, but maybe not. Can I get into bootloader if my phone is in a bootloop?

You won't know until you try. When I bricked my Droid I wasn't in a bootloop I was stuck at the moto logo but I could get into the bootloader.

Beka27

Reaction score
Ok... I tried to go back in and wipe data one last time and I finally got the second screen to confirm I wanted to wipe all data. Selected yes and it went thru and now says data wipe complete. I'm going to reboot now and see what happens.

Beka27

Reaction score
Reboot... Red Eye... I got a vibrate...

Wait for it...

Success!

So to clarify, I am going to activate, but skip set-up, and then do another factory reset?

(Well, I've got a god awful white notification bar... so I must be on froyo right? ICK.)

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reboot... Red Eye... I got a vibrate...

Wait for it...

Success!

So to clarify, I am going to activate, but skip set-up, and then do another factory reset?

(Well, I've got a god awful white notification bar... so I must be on froyo right? ICK.)

I knew it would work. Great! You don't have to do a reset. You just did it in recovery. You are bone stock now. Enjoy

Beka27

Reaction score
Thanks Idopa, Aplechaty, and Hookbill!

I am completely stock now. Checked my "About Phone" and I'm on the regular old .340

This is my first time ever getting stuck in a bootloop and I've been modding quite a bit here and there. Very stressful few minutes! I appreciate the help!!! This forum is, as always, the best!

I'm remembering how horrible stock is... After this situation, if I can gather up the nerve to throw GB on now, I'll be good to go.

aplechaty

Reaction score
GB installed like a dream I think your safe to upgrade. Glad I was able to help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
Another stupid question... lol. I'm full of them today.

Where am I finding z4root now? I had it before and now I can't find the file.

Nevermind again... The moment I submitted this, I found the file.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha nice. Yeah I'm on the fence about gb. I'm loving my liberty 2.0.1. I'm gonna prob get on tomorrow when I have a pc to sbf, just in case.