Gingerbread PEOPLE!

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Now that I have had some time to play with gingerbread, it does seem to be faster and my quadrant score went from 1324 to 1650 by just installing gingerbread! Thank you again for the help in providing the videos and files to sbf - that was my first time ever doing that and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!!

The only major complaint I have about Gingerbread, and maybe theres a way to change it, is that on the dialer, the voicemail button is no longer in the lower left corner... I used that button ALOT and am already missing it.... lol anyone got a work around or a setting to put it back?

TXPearl

Reaction score
Thanks GraphicDemon!!!

Had to SBF my ex's X because it had been rooted then unrooted. Nothing was changed, I just wanted to try it with z4root after it came out, but apparently it left a trace somehow. Everything went smooth, got GB installed and she is now in the process of resetting everything up.

I was rooted/unrooted (z4root) and had froze/unfroze apps - using GD's file, no problems updating to GB.

Playing with it now. Not sure I like the softer color scheme, but I'll give it a chance.

Beka27

Reaction score
And we have GB! Cool!

Now after experimenting with my phone (and almost messing it up a dozen times) I can get my husband on GB too! He doesn't do any mods, that's MY department... lol!

LtotheBoogie

Reaction score
Now that I have had some time to play with gingerbread, it does seem to be faster and my quadrant score went from 1324 to 1650 by just installing gingerbread! Thank you again for the help in providing the videos and files to sbf - that was my first time ever doing that and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!!

The only major complaint I have about Gingerbread, and maybe theres a way to change it, is that on the dialer, the voicemail button is no longer in the lower left corner... I used that button ALOT and am already missing it.... lol anyone got a work around or a setting to put it back?

Normally, you have voicemail setup as an automatic speed dial.....

Open your dialer app, and hold down the "1" key...

FernBch

Reaction score
Question - I've unrooted and back to stock froyo. Not sure if I want the OTA or if I want to go a different route. I did, however, notice something. When I rooted I could swear I saw a file in the root of my SD card called update.zip. I rooted about three weeks ago as soon as I received my DX, so there's no way it could be the OTA.
My question is: unrooted I can't see the file. If I re-root how hard is it to copy this file to see what it actually is? My DX is a CPO from VZW. Could this file be tha last OTA and if it is is it worth saving?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same file. It's there (update.zip)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

FernBch

Reaction score
Btw - Been doing a little reading today. I'm seeing the GB OTA may have a few bugs/issues (camera defaulting to ws , notification lights, and a few others). I think I may not go with the update. I know I should just search,but any rom recommendations?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I installed the update that was posted here earlier and I have noticed that when I now make a phone call, the LED flashes once really quick... never did that before....

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well that's because it's possessed by the gingerbread droid. Wait, you didn't know that?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Beka27

Reaction score
A couple issues with the rooted .596 and my home screen...

Going from my app drawer to my home screen, the apps kind of "freeze" over the screen. I'm using Go Launcher.

Also, in the other pic you can see that my fancy widget clock is superimposing the numbers as the clock changes.

Not a huge deal, just wondering if anyone else has had issues with freezing or severe lag?

(from Beka's DX)

gottcha

Reaction score
I just got the OTA gb update and I like it so far but I can't seem to stop the vibrating keys when I type text messages! It driving me crazy!! I also had DROID forum app force close and locked up the phone and had to pull the battery to get it going again. Im not rooted

Bruiser616

Reaction score
Got it today

This morning I checked for updates and GB was there. Haven't had much time to poke around but Quadrant clocked at 1858. Pretty cool. Yesterday it was 1350

aplechaty

Reaction score
I just got the OTA gb update and I like it so far but I can't seem to stop the vibrating keys when I type text messages! It driving me crazy!! I also had DROID forum app force close and locked up the phone and had to pull the battery to get it going again. Im not rooted

Go to Settings language and Keyboard\ Multi-touch keyboard settings and un-check vibrate on key press.