Gingerbread PEOPLE!

bconne1

Reaction score
Astro says it's 4.4 K.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bconne1

Reaction score
I guess I'll DL it on my laptop. I had my Wifi on my DX but maybe it got jacked anyway.

Stinkyfingers

Reaction score
I have tried throughout the day to download it and I get going through the d/l and I get an insufficient memory can't download message. I have over 6 gb of free memory on the phone itself. what is the problem?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Is the update.zip by GraphicDemon the rooted version or unrooted version? I downloaded that and tried to install it, but it gave me an error saying something about /system/bin/logwrapper and that the installation was aborted. My phone is not rooted, however it was previously rooted using z4root a few months ago and had been unrooted using z4root. Any suggestions?

leonozug

Reaction score
Is the update.zip by GraphicDemon the rooted version or unrooted version? I downloaded that and tried to install it, but it gave me an error saying something about /system/bin/logwrapper and that the installation was aborted. My phone is not rooted, however it was previously rooted using z4root a few months ago and had been unrooted using z4root. Any suggestions?

I believe he posted the unrooted stock recovery update zip file, it's like 112MB...you may have to SBF and factory reset for it to work. Even though you unrooted your phone, it was still rooted at one time. The update zip only works if ever single little file was left intact on your phone. Maybe a factory reset and clear cache would do that job and you could get away with not doing the SBF process. But usually, if you were even rooted at one time, a SBF and factory reset is in order to get it ready for the update. I did it to mine Saturday and installed the zip, now I have to SBF my girlfriends X, but she's gonna wait for the OTA over the air from Verizon instead. She is patient unlike me. lol

bconne1

Reaction score
Gingerbread is up and running. Pretty sweet so far...looks like mostly cosmetic changes though.

Thanks GD!

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Ok, This is what it says when I try to apply the update:

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard...
...Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". "8d0balf33704bc3bf41c27970c3a514cfa673a5d", "4b26edaae35e9aaa9fce18ddf72e90839993b30d")
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to sbf back to original froyo and where can I get that file if that is what needs to be done? Will the OTA update still work if Verizon tries to push it to me, or will it error out as well? Thanks!

daimien

Reaction score
Dam you dx ppl lol. Im jealous so nhya :p
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score

--Install from sdcard...
Installing update...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". "8d0balf33704bc3bf41c27970c3a514cfa673a5d", "4b26edaae35e9aaa9fce18ddf72e90839993b30d")
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to sbf back to original froyo and where can I get that file if that is what needs to be done? Will the OTA update still work if Verizon tries to push it to me, or will it error out as well? Thanks!

Ok um there a sbf as an update.zip I think u can use on stock recovery... Correct me if im wrong but if should put u back on froyo....

leonozug

Reaction score

--Install from sdcard...
Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Ok um there a sbf as an update.zip I think u can use on stock recovery... Correct me if im wrong but if should put u back on froyo....

I think you're talking about the maderstcok update zip GD...you have to do that in clockwork recovery, so you have to be rooted I believe. But if you rooted, this a good way to get back to stock without having to SBF.

leonozug

Reaction score

--Install from sdcard...
Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Follow this video....just do exactly what he does, and you'll be fine.

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://youtu.be/c58XaWnr6XE"]YouTube - ‪How To SBF Droid X to full 2.3.340 OS 2.2 Now linked for Droid 2‬‏[/video]

Here are the links to what you need....RSD lite 4.9, and the correct moto drivers for your computer, and the SBF .340 file

Droid X SBF

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score

--Install from sdcard...
Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I think you're talking about the maderstcok update zip GD...you have to do that in clockwork recovery, so you have to be rooted I believe. But if you rooted, this a good way to get back to stock without having to SBF.

Talking bout tbh if that it then yeah lol

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that information, I really appreciate it! Did the sbf flash, it said pass and now i have to reactivate the phone... hoping all went well and it will be good as new again haha THanks again!