Gingerbread on the D2

lieblax

Reaction score
oh ok i see you need a new sbf once gingerbread is released that makes sense ha. thanks so much for all the help!

RojoRooster

Reaction score
How can I uninstall gingerbread on my unrooted droid 2, and re-install the stock Froyo? I need to send my phone back to Verizon, please help!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have gb on a d2, it has to be the rooted monster leak. There isn't an unrooted gb for the d2 yet.

Anyway, you'll have to sbf to get back to stock froyo

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

One more thing. Watch this video as a visual tool. It's for the dx, but the process is the same. Hope all this helps!

CM74D2

RojoRooster

Reaction score
RE: Restoring D2

Thank you so much for your responses!! The only thing is, I have a mac and don't have a way to run RSD Lite since it's only for PCs, is there another method?? Perhaps by storing the files on my phone and loading them from there?? Thanks!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a way with mac. Just search it. I'm not familiar with it tho.

CM74D2

Monshroud

Reaction score
Will there be any complications when the official GB is released by Verizon for the D2 ? I had read on another forum that due to the custom skins, sounds, etc. that it was not going to be available for the R2D2 D2 and the only way to do it was by rooting and manually re-installing all the R2D2 specific add-ins.

Sorry if this has already been covered. 30 pages of posts is a lot to go through.

Thanks!
Monshroud

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Yeah theres a way to do it via the command line if memory serves me right. Like ldopa said though, you will have to google it as I am unfamiliar with the commands.