Quick question about getting to gb from froyo

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I have a friend that I'd like to help get gingerbread 2.3.3 for. I was wonder, if he is at full stock 2.2 or 2.2.1(Whatever latest version there is for d2) can he use this http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...id-2-gingerbread-2-3-3-release-prerooted.html and just flash it in the clockworkmod recovery and he will then get gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted? Idk how to explain it any better. . . please just reply because I don't want to screw his phone up for me not knowing if it will work. Thanks!

John Gi

Reaction score
If he is stock, he needs to be rooted, that's the same method I used, although I was on liberty froyo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Well he's rooted but was wondering if he's on froyo could he just use this to get to gb. Also how good you think d2 gb is, any bugs?
Thanks for replying, you're the only one.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Bump..

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.

pressguy27

Reaction score
Yes he can use the preroot gb file to get on gingerbread. There are some bugs but I think that your friend will like it. You will have to wipe data to flash the gb file

Sent from my DROID2

silverfang77

Reaction score
Yes. He can use it to go directly to Gingerbread. That's the idea. You bootstrap into recovery, then wipe data and cache. After that, you install from ZIP on SD card and choose the ZIP file. It then upgrades you to Gingerbread.

There are bugs in the LEDs where they sometimes don't come on when they're supposed to, but if you use DroidLight, you can force them to come on. Also, the wifi is spotty in my experience.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The d2 has waaaay less bugs than the dx. Personally, i've had 0 issues with gb, all positive. Its very stable. Matter of fact, i had minor bugs with froyo too. GB, if anything, has similar minor bugs. Highly, highly recommend it! Each phone is unique, so you have to try for yourself. In general tho, i've seen much less complaints with the d2 gb leak and the roms built off it.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

pressguy27

Reaction score
I agree d2 has very minor bugs with gb and I enjoy it alot when I was running it

Sent from my DROID2 running CM7