Gingerbread on the D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Start looking. Its faster, cooler, snappier, has more functions, better radio. Just take my word for it and flash it. I wouldn't lie to ya.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

go.nocturn

Reaction score
Start looking. Its faster, cooler, snappier, has more functions, better radio. Just take my word for it and flash it. I wouldn't lie to ya.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8
flashed it today; worked like a charm..
The new enhanced copy paste sold me, along with that tubular lock animation

looks super good with the gingercomb juiced theme too

battery life is also swell.. and this isnt even the final release; im impressed... dancedroid

stixaw

Reaction score
flashed to GB v.8 liberty last night so far it is impressive.. will continue to play with it. Do they have a site that talks about all the options?

Raznarukus

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a little guidance.

Did anyone tweak their Systl Config?? I put mine to
Min Free KBytes <2096>
Dirty Ratio <90>
Dirty Background ratio <55>
VFS Cache Pressure <5>
I am using a Droid2 on Liberty GB V.08 does anyone have any better Ideas? I will say my phone is running flawless like this but I think it could be a little faster? :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Imoseyon.com and dl his tweak. It includes a systcl tweak among other things. Its great. Just flash in clockwork (no wipe needed). It will over ride the systcl settings in the toolbox though.
If you want to just tweak the systcl, this is (from my studies the most optimal setting)
Oom task on
The last num is the vm cache pressure. The lower the better for performance, but the more often you'll need a reboot to clear it.
The Imoseyon.com tweak does all this for you (once a day at 3am.)
Hope this helps. If you haven't yet done so, it's good to read up on systcl. Interesting stuff!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Khiraji

Reaction score
Well... I finally did it. My D2 is now running a fresh install of the Monster Gingerbread leak. First impression: Holy sweet monkeyballs, why didn't I do this sooner?

I was nervous I'd screw something up. I'm a very confident user of all things tech, but still... what if I fubar? Then the whole process would take even longer. Well, this morning, after downloading what looked to be just another round of app updates, my Droid went belly-up. Many, many battery pulls, slews of profanity and reboots later, I had no choice but to install a Nandroid backup from.......about this time last month. Bah. Fine. Camel's back = broken.

It's like unboxing my D2 all over again! I haven't been this excited about my phone in months. Cheers!

americanz

Reaction score
Who wants to bet that will be the only Gingerbread our phones will ever get? The Monster leak for the D2 came out months ago, way before the D2G got its OTA Gingerbread. Yet the D2 still hasn't received an OTA Gingerbread.

It almost seems like our Gingerbread was just made as a beta test for the DX and D2G's Gingerbread releases and they weren't really planning on giving us anything at all. I think we were just lucky to get this leak.

gb is out on the d2g? my wife has one but there is no ota for it i have checked as recent as yesterday

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OTA gb on the dx seems to be a nightmare for dx users. I haven't had one issue with the d2 gb leak. Just sayin...

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

americanz

Reaction score
so limited like there done and no one else will get it or just a prerelease like the soak so i can still get it? or what??? she loves gb i have the leak on my d2 but she wont let me root it so its gonna have to be ota

bvjens31

Reaction score
2 more D2G's who can't get the OTA for 2.3

If I recall, it was a soak test. I'm really not certain beyond that. I just remember some people had the update pushed to them.

Droid 2 Global Gets Gingerbread

Me and a guy I work with also noticed that we didn't get the 2.3 OTA, but another one of us with a D2G did get it. However, I am rooted with z4root, running stock ROM, and have simply renamed all the bloat-apk's to prevent them from loading. Would that prevent my phone from detecting the OTA update? Possible that it was just a soak test, as you say.

tb110895

Reaction score
If I recall, it was a soak test. I'm really not certain beyond that. I just remember some people had the update pushed to them.

Droid 2 Global Gets Gingerbread

Me and a guy I work with also noticed that we didn't get the 2.3 OTA, but another one of us with a D2G did get it. However, I am rooted with z4root, running stock ROM, and have simply renamed all the bloat-apk's to prevent them from loading. Would that prevent my phone from detecting the OTA update? Possible that it was just a soak test, as you say.

The 2.3 OTA update to the OG Droid 2 hasn't come out yet. I don't believe the D2 is getting soak tests yet either. The D2G gets different updates than the OG droid 2, and will more than likely get them first. It will not prevent your phone from detecting or downloading the update, but it will prevent you from installing it.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just by not having the bloat should kick the update out. Though on another note, tell that coworker to get a system dump of D2G gingerbread out, and FAST!

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.