gingerbread leak worth it?

codustyle

Reaction score
I tried gingerbread rooted and it was choppy and kept restarting and freezing. Anyone know why? I flashed back to stock rerooted and now back on darkslide rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ya that happened to me. I flashed my 2.3.340 nandroid rooted backup and then reflashed the gingerbread leak and it worked real fast the second time. Up to 1700 overclocked on quadrant standard. Just redo the whole process again.

codustyle

Reaction score
Hey why can't I find the 3g mobile hotspot on the list off apps in titanium backup. I wanna get rid of the dam thing but it doesn't show up. Its not even Verizon linked if u look close... its AT&T ... which means this leak was put together from an AT&T script

Snow02

Reaction score
It's not a standalone app. It's part of the system now.

And the reason for the ATT bit is likely due to shared code with the Atrix. Someone just forgot to change that bit of text.

lfylove

Reaction score
Do u need to be rooted to flash this rom? My gf isn't rooted but she would love gb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes. U need to be on stock but rooted froyo. So no roms or anything. Then u can flash gb like u would a rom

Thanks for the info guess she'll just wait then lol she can just stay jealous of my gb on my og droid

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dclmac

Reaction score
Do u need to be rooted to flash this rom? My gf isn't rooted but she would love gb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes. U need to be on stock but rooted froyo. So no roms or anything. Then u can flash gb like u would a rom

Thanks for the info guess she'll just wait then lol she can just stay jealous of my gb on my og droid

Why not root her's and flash it for her?? Lol that's not even right!

herbaltherapy

Reaction score
I put rooted gb on this morning and it is really nice. To this point the only problem I have is I can not login to my siriusxm. Any ideas, anyone else have a problem? Pandora is fine.
Never mind, my mistake. All is well.

Last edited:

lfylove

Reaction score

Why not root her's and flash it for her?? Lol that's not even right!

Lol she has sent in her phone 3 times sent she bought it last month I'm not going to root it cause if I void the warrenty then shed be screwed cause I guarantee shell send it back if her pictures aren't bright enough

icenyne1

Reaction score
I flashed the rooted gb root and after 4 days I had no problems until now. suddenly I can't reboot in clockwork mod recovery no matter what I do. I tried to data wipe/system restore to no avail. I can only get to stock recovery mode which doesn't allow installing zips from sd. I doing want to brick my phone but I want to fix this problem. How would I get back to froyo so I can reroot and install darkslide?

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
I flashed the rooted gb root and after 4 days I had no problems until now. suddenly I can't reboot in clockwork mod recovery no matter what I do. I tried to data wipe/system restore to no avail. I can only get to stock recovery mode which doesn't allow installing zips from sd. I doing want to brick my phone but I want to fix this problem. How would I get back to froyo so I can reroot and install darkslide?

U have to use d2 bootstrap on GB but if u want to go back to froyo then u will have to use a computer and sbf

dclmac

Reaction score

You can sbf back to 2.2.340, or use D2 Bootstrap and flash maderstcok.zip (don't have the link, but you can Google it)

icenyne1

Reaction score
i used dx bootstrapper.. Didnt work. Tried rom manager too. No clockwork. Im going to have to use rsdlite and sbf back to froyo. Thanks guys.. I just thought there may have been an easier option.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
You can use dx bootstrapper as long as you turn off usb debugging. However I tried to flash maderstock to get back to .340 from rooted GB and it doesn't work. Think I'm going to have to track down someone with a pc so I can sbf.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Use tbf full 340 sbf in zip format if u get to clockwork. Avail in tbh app. No pc required.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Use tbf full 340 sbf in zip format if u get to clockwork. Avail in tbh app. No pc required.

I was under the impression that maderstock was pretty much the same thing as the tbh .zip sbf, am I wrong? Either way I am going to buy the tbh app and see if that sbf.zip works because I want to restore my liberty 1.5 backup. It is set up and themed just how I like it.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No there is a difference. If u use mader then try to update to gb you will get a bootloader error. Use tbh zip, wipe data 3 or four times after install before leaving cw. Then reboot. I skip sign in and go right to file manager. Install z4, reboot, install dx bootstrapper, reboot to recovery, restore back up. :)