gingerbread leak worth it?

quiet1

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm glad i downloaded GB (w/o root). I know it depends on the person, and for me rooting wasn't required. But once i started using gb, i don't miss the custom roms and themes. IDK wat it is, but i feel like i've finally found the perfect rom & theme with GB.
Now, I do get bored of things easily, so I'm sure in time I'll get bored (or someone will make a theme that I'll love) and I'll root it. But for now, keeping it Vanilla is just fine by me. Seems like the whole thing flows better than any custom rom I've ever downloaded.

zoe

Reaction score
Well to each their own, root does have other benefits besides rom's and themes, I like knowing that the apps and services cluttering up my phone are those of my own choosing.
Lots of info on sbf' ing if you change your mind, and at least you've got choices beyond what M/V say you should.

quiet1

Reaction score
Well to each their own, root does have other benefits besides rom's and themes, I like knowing that the apps and services cluttering up my phone are those of my own choosing.
Lots of info on sbf' ing if you change your mind, and at least you've got choices beyond what M/V say you should.

Woops, yea forgot to mention that too. I completely agree with u. I know there's a few apps that only run/can b used if the phone is rooted and I do like being able to get rid of some apps that come stock but for now, everything is running smooth so that's the only reason i'm fine w/ not rooting lol.

zoe

Reaction score
don't break what works for you, early adopters all too often = guinea pigs so who's to say I'm not screwed tomorrow

codustyle

Reaction score
it's not the media sync icon, the media sync icon shows up on the left hand side when you plug in your phone to your usb. this icon (looks the same) but shows on the right hand side, next to your 3g icon.

the semi-circle with the round ends is the media share icon... but the semi circles with the arrows on the end are for the backup assistant sync. turn off recurring sync and maybe that will do it. worked for me.

marcmsj

Reaction score
it's not the media sync icon, the media sync icon shows up on the left hand side when you plug in your phone to your usb. this icon (looks the same) but shows on the right hand side, next to your 3g icon.

the semi-circle with the round ends is the media share icon... but the semi circles with the arrows on the end are for the backup assistant sync. turn off recurring sync and maybe that will do it. worked for me.

there isn't an option to turn off recurring sync, only to change what time it happens.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Can someone tel me why gb root is running choppy and slow I mean horribly slow. I just wiped and all before installing

vatothe0

Reaction score

there isn't an option to turn off recurring sync, only to change what time it happens.

I am having this issue as well. Icon is stuck on. Not sure what toggle is being referred to here.

Sent from my DROIDX

codustyle

Reaction score

I am having this issue as well. Icon is stuck on. Not sure what toggle is being referred to here.

Sent from my DROIDX

when i said turn it off, imeant you can turn off the sync as its happening. but ya your right theres no option for a permenant backup toggle off. you can freeze back up assistant thru TB and itll stop popping up.

codustyle

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

when i said turn it off, imeant you can turn off the sync as its happening. but ya your right theres no option for a permenant backup toggle off. you can freeze back up assistant thru TB and itll stop popping up.

Also you can add the power control widget to one of your screens and there's a sync toggle that you can use

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lfylove

Reaction score
Do u need to be rooted to flash this rom? My gf isn't rooted but she would love gb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

vatothe0

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Also you can add the power control widget to one of your screens and there's a sync toggle that you can use

Icon is still stuck.

Sent from my DROIDX

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Do u need to be rooted to flash this rom? My gf isn't rooted but she would love gb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes. U need to be on stock but rooted froyo. So no roms or anything. Then u can flash gb like u would a rom

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I tried gingerbread rooted and it was choppy and kept restarting and freezing. Anyone know why? I flashed back to stock rerooted and now back on darkslide rom

icenyne1

Reaction score
No idea why this happened. I'm running GB rooted and its quick as hell. I ran a quadrant benchmark and Scored a 1564. Best I ever have with any rom. I also use spare parts to boost my animations. Even though I really don't need to.