Gingerbread for DX already rooted.

turdbogls

Reaction score
If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows 7, be sure to get the 64-bit drivers out of my signature and to use RSD Lite 4.8. It's a finicky scenario but it works well with the proper drivers and proper version of RSD Lite. If you're running 32-bit Windows, grab the 32-bit drivers from my signature and I think 4.8 or 4.9 will work.

FYI, my driver links go to Motorola's site, nothing untrustworthy. Also, if you search Moto's site for the drivers, you actually get different ones that do not work! So use these links. :)

thank you for this. i was dreading having to dig my old WIN XP computer out....that thing is slow as balls. I was trying to decide what to do. i am really liking how my phone is running on stock GB right now. do i wait for the stock one to get root, or do i just flash back to 2.3.340 and flash the root version....decisions decisions :)

mbjr

Reaction score
I have this installed but am unable to get into recovery uder any method, anyone else have this issue? Rom run nice and smooth, root works great but can not get into clockwork or recovery, phone reboots, get red M then screen stays light but goes black. Only fix is to pull battery then normal boot applies.

OP
B

b1ackplague

Reaction score
I have this installed but am unable to get into recovery uder any method, anyone else have this issue? Rom run nice and smooth, root works great but can not get into clockwork or recovery, phone reboots, get red M then screen stays light but goes black. Only fix is to pull battery then normal boot applies.

Its a known problem with bootstrap recovery. They're trying to find a fix/workaround.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mbjr

Reaction score

Its a known problem with bootstrap recovery. They're trying to find a fix/workaround.

Thanks, I'll wait keep an eye out.

OP
B

b1ackplague

Reaction score

Thanks, I'll wait keep an eye out.

P3droid via twitter said he is working on it and will have a fix shortly. It may require you to flash back to stock and re-do the process, hopefully not.

OP
B

b1ackplague

Reaction score
P3droid has said that the D2 bootstrap will work on DX GB.

reuuin88

Reaction score
My droid x bootstrap worked. :) lol

Running GB prerooted. All is well, flash went well, no hang ups. Flashed over liberty 1.5 after a wipe of data/cache. Now to get rid of all this BLOAT :):)

deletion

Reaction score
Installed it a few minutes ago and everything is running great. I did download and use the D2 bootstrapper as recommended. It worked beautifully. It is very fast even with all the bloat and MOTOBLUR is somewhat tolerable. I can't wait for custom roms on this thing. It will fly.

I also used maderstock to just get back to stock and that worked fine for me.

chefb

Reaction score
My droid x bootstrap worked. :) lol

Running GB prerooted. All is well, flash went well, no hang ups. Flashed over liberty 1.5 after a wipe of data/cache. Now to get rid of all this BLOAT :):)

Where did you download from?

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks..has anyone used tbh app gb rooted rom update and had the Droid x bootstrap work?

dlbrown75

Reaction score
TBH has a zip file on the app for sbf to 2.3.340 . Can I just download that to my phone then install the update.zip on my phone and be done or do I have to use computer and the rsd method?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

timelord

Reaction score
You have to sbf with a PC, its the only way to get back to stock if your running the leaked gingerbread rom.

DThomp

Reaction score
Thanks..has anyone used tbh app gb rooted rom update and had the Droid x bootstrap work?

You need to use the bootstrap for the DROID 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I american not running GB yet. Currently running rubix. So I was going to use the TBH .340 sbf update zip to get back to stock so I could install the rooted gb rom will this work

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App