Gingerbread IS coming today

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Just flash everything to be safe. And I'm going to guess we apply the root in the bootloader, or it is built into the file we flash.

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Just flash everything to be safe. And I'm going to guess we apply the root in the bootloader, or it is built into the file we flash.

That would be great if it was flashable, I can't wait till he post the instructions

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chefb

Reaction score
One click ?......were here looking for plain root!......but one click would be cool seems like if you flashed the leak, you have to SBf back to 2.2 and flash the update they put out (black hat).

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
One click ?......were here looking for plain root!......but one click would be cool seems like if you flashed the leak, you have to SBf back to 2.2 and flash the update they put out (black hat).

I would like it to be one click or flashable cuz I don't have access to a computer for awhile

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Downloading now.. Not sure if I'll flash it... I like my ApeX setup... we'll see.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

If it might work, I would like to try system only first. I prefer not to lose everything.

Root is in the zip file of the GB Build, all you have to do is get into clockwork and "install from Zip" and flash the GBRoot file...

"system only"?? so the first leaked GingerBread from a couple days ago is the system only? and this, the GingerBread drop this morning is the biuld with root access??

as far as i kno, the GB from a couple days is the biuld without root, the one that drop this morning is the same GB with Root access.....

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If it might work, I would like to try system only first. I prefer not to lose everything.

Root is in the zip file of the GB Build, all you have to do is get into clockwork and "install from Zip" and flash the GBRoot file...

First you need to sbf to get a clean slate, then reboot. Use bootstrap to dl gingerbread. The two files are the same you will need to wipe no matter which one you use. I tried it without wiping and wouldn't stop bootlooping.

Raziel36

Reaction score
add826c4-731a-2b44.jpg

Overclocked GB... 1.45ghz.. I'm in love.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

First you need to sbf to get a clean slate, then reboot. Use bootstrap to dl gingerbread. The two files are the same you will need to wipe no matter which one you use. I tried it without wiping and wouldn't stop bootlooping.

thanks for clearin that up!!!
all the wrong infomation floatin around is gonna get someone shot...jus jokin don't take it seriously..lol
a couple posts in here got me thinkin there was two files of gingerbread laying around somewhere
i thought i seriously messed up my phone when flashin this file when in fact i should've flashed that one first....hahaha