Lost tethering

jasonD

Reaction score
So i tried tethering today and all it would do is go to the verizon tethering website, offering their fee tethering services. Im rooted, using the wireless tethering app, on the 2 part tbh gingerbread. I have recently gone over 5 gigs this month on data but im on the unlimited package. Why would this do this and do u think this might go away at the start of my billing cycle? Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

littlerick

Reaction score
it means you gotta pay now. its unlimited to your device not to all devices. read the tos that you signed.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have the tether patch installed?

CM74DX

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Yea, But why did this happen? Why now?

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
i dont think i have the patch. Where do i find that and what does it do? Is it specifically for the wireless tethering app that i have?

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Thx. I will have to give this a try when i get home to see this worked. I will let you know. Also one other question, i noticed that when i am running on this gingerbread and i am tethering it has a new icon that wants to configure a wireless thether hotspot. Is this on all gingerbreads or just the rooted version? Im not sure if this goes verizon or not.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Worked great! Thx

barski

Reaction score
I never installed any patch. Just download barnacle wifi tether from the market, set it up and i have no problems.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
@dxman - sent.

Rocko

Reaction score
So i tried tethering today and all it would do is go to the verizon tethering website, offering their fee tethering services. Im rooted, using the wireless tethering app, on the 2 part tbh gingerbread. I have recently gone over 5 gigs this month on data but im on the unlimited package. Why would this do this and do u think this might go away at the start of my billing cycle? Has this happened to anyone else?

Cuz your a criminal.

ghost56

Reaction score
I use 3gigs on my tethering everyday on my computer and ps3. They don't offer any internet services at all were I live does that make me a criminal

Sent from my DROIDX2 using DroidForums

Rocko

Reaction score
I use 3gigs on my tethering everyday on my computer and ps3. They don't offer any internet services at all were I live does that make me a criminal

Sent from my DROIDX2 using DroidForums

Yeah, it does. Breaker of contracts. Heathen:icon_cussing:!