Gingerbread IS coming today

Synaptic

Reaction score
Ok so got a replacement X today...4th one in a week...don't ask:(...anyhow I was curious if it would be better to root and flash GB now vs after syncing accts etc, and etc...lol ...and if I do so will I be able to get the official OTA in a month with out having to sbf (never had to sbf yet as i dont really like roms, just Lp and the OS) advise is appreciated ;)

bart2546

Reaction score
Ok help me to understand please. Everything I'm seeing of Gingerbread right now is almost like a hack/rom.

Is there going to be an actual normal OTA release for the X from the manufacturers like the last update or is this like other roms and such that was developed from users and only applicable with root ETC....

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok im confused now so if were on a stock rom and flash gb we wont have to sbf to get the OTA?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BullDroid

Reaction score
Anyone else's Gmail broken? Just sits at "loading conversations" and never actually loads any conversations...

*EDIT* Nevermind had to install an update from Market and then clear data. Waited for it to sync and its finally working!

Last edited:

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Ok help me to understand please. Everything I'm seeing of Gingerbread right now is almost like a hack/rom.

Is there going to be an actual normal OTA release for the X from the manufacturers like the last update or is this like other roms and such that was developed from users and only applicable with root ETC....

Regards,
Brandon

like everyone who understands the process, as posted mutiples times, when you flash the GB build, and want to go back to Froyo or any Froyo based ROM, you'll have to .SBF back to sock then flash the back up u have of the previous custom ROM you had prior to GB..it's easy, plus this way you don't run into any problems....

...an yes, there is gonna be a OTA release. jus as i expained above, you'll have to .SBF back in order to recieve the update...

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Alright this is how it works. You have to be rooted to flash the ROM. I've heard of people just flashing right over without wiping data and they haven't had problems.

To go back to where you were just make a backup before you flash it. Then when you want to go back, SBF and restore your backup. I had to boot into stock recovery and factory reset after SBF.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok guys this is simply a leaked version of gingerbread. You must be rooted to install this. This is very stable (not official) but stable. Use at your own risk, make sure you have the tools needed if you soft brick (rsd lite and a clean 2.2.340 sbf).

bart2546

Reaction score
Ok guys this is simply a leaked version of gingerbread. You must be rooted to install this. This is very stable (not official) but stable. Use at your own risk, make sure you have the tools needed if you soft brick (rsd lite and a clean 2.2.340 sbf).

Thank you. This is what I was looking for confirmation of, not how to flash and sbf as I could see many people posting what needed to be done with that. I was trying to check if an official version would or had been issued yet which is now apparent that it will be and had not been yet.

Regards,
Brandon

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score