Gingerbread Fun

Reaction score
I saw where the Gingerbread SDK had been released and that a few people had already managed to pull the keyboard out of it and had it working with Froyo.

Being the more curious than skilled hacker that I am, I downloaded and set up the SDK and tried to pull a few other APK's. In particular, I would like to be able to find a fix to the "no landscape" in the AOSP phone.

I tried copying over Phone.Apk, Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. Not only does it not fix the problem, it does break your ability to make a phone call and have contacts :)

Fortunately I restored my original versions of those app and had to re-sync my contacts, but it went "back together" ok.

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

I didn't see anything else worth trying to pull out of the SDK. However, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to try.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I saw where the Gingerbread SDK had been released and that a few people had already managed to pull the keyboard out of it and had it working with Froyo.

Being the more curious than skilled hacker that I am, I downloaded and set up the SDK and tried to pull a few other APK's. In particular, I would like to be able to find a fix to the "no landscape" in the AOSP phone.

I tried copying over Phone.Apk, Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. Not only does it not fix the problem, it does break your ability to make a phone call and have contacts :)

Fortunately I restored my original versions of those app and had to re-sync my contacts, but it went "back together" ok.

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

I didn't see anything else worth trying to pull out of the SDK. However, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to try.

I will be porting parts of gingerbread for the next release.

sruel3216

Reaction score

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

CANT WAIT!!!

i want that keyboard!!!!!

OP
Zaphod-Beeblebrox
Reaction score

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

You'll have to wait until they release source I guess?
I'm sure if you rebuild the system apps in the rubix environment/framework you will be able to us some of it, but I would assume without the source, not much of the SDK will work in Rubix?

droydhead

Reaction score
Awesome Drod. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

anrichardson

Reaction score

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

CANT WAIT!!!

i want that keyboard!!!!!

Here it is here http://bit.ly/e2ObyS
, just make sure you mount system to install.

sruel3216

Reaction score

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

FYI I'm on 1.8.9

You'll have to wait until they release source I guess?
I'm sure if you rebuild the system apps in the rubix environment/framework you will be able to us some of it, but I would assume without the source, not much of the SDK will work in Rubix?

We'll see when the source is dropped. I plan on porting parts of the SDK, well, whatever I can, and fixing that keyboard issue. Who knows what will happen, though.

sruel3216

Reaction score