1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP... gingerbread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JScharf92, Jun 2, 2011.

1. JScharf92

JScharf92 New Member

So i got gingerbread and it worked well... until today. it froze so i had to do a battery pull. that didnt help and when i put the battery back in it freezes and i have to do another battery pull. any idea why this is happening or what i can do to fix it

just to add to the fun it works much better when the sd card is not installed
  2. kingpin6866

kingpin6866 New Member

GB issues.

Here are a few issues/questions I'm having with the latest OS upgrade.

1. Contacts no longer display facebook image.

2. Contacts no longer have that option to send straight to voicemail.

3. Camera app is extremely slow to launch/switch to video camera.

4. Overly seems much slower to launch/close applications, etc.

The OTA update kept failing for whatever reason, so I used the two part zip that has been posted on other threads. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  3. igknight

igknight New Member

1. Kind of the same issue, some load, dont load for me.

2. Once you pull up the contact, click Menu, then Options. Its under there.

Cant help with the other two, have not tested my camera, and I use Launcher Pro Plus and have not had your issue for 4.
  4. Fred93gt

Fred93gt New Member

X2 on the slow to launch apps. Mine is also slow to dial from my contacts list occasionally. Slow enough that I wonder if it is going to connect.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Scubamike

Scubamike New Member

I agree with you that it can be slow to dial occasionally. I've also noticed that when you switch from the home to work profiles and then back to home the home profile background switches to the back ground of the work profile.

I've also noticed that when I hold the home button down to bring up previously used programs it will sometimes say "program not installed" when I tap on a program.

Overall I will say that I am very happy with the upgrade and these are minor issues.
  6. Jedialan

Jedialan New Member

Gingerbread problems on Droid X

Recently upgraded my Droid X to Gingerbread 2.3 and having two big issues.
    1. I no longer get my email notifications in the status bar.
    2. On my widgets for news, Facebook and RSS feeds after I have swiped through all the articles and go back to the home screen some of the articles do not go away.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?
  7. RETG

RETG Member

Swift Key and GB

Does anyone else have a problem with swift key running on GB? It does not offer any words like it did on froyo.
    Looked for an update but could not find one.
  8. thinman72069

thinman72069 New Member

Not having a problem with mine on SwiftKey. One of the few apps that isn't acting up with the GB. Odd to me how people with the same phones are having different problems. My wife has the X too and hers is behaving totally different to mine. But I'm sure this will all get sorted out in time with updates.

9. kevinkar

kevinkar New Member

GB Annoyances

Aside from the stupid color change to everything (better contrast? Hah!) there are some annoyances I've noticed such as:

1) Moving between home screens has lost its "snap" by which I mean it's not as precise as it was previously. I swipe left or right and the screen goes to the next "page" but it overshoots a bit more than it did before and it's got to come back just a bit in a jerky fashion. Since it's going to stop at the next page instead of flying past it, there's no need for it to go just a little past and come back. Annoying.

2) While I'm not a big facebook on the phone kind of person, I do use the Motorola social networking widget for facebook and it was kind of low tech to begin with but the new version is an annoying time hog. When I start it up, it hesitates as it loads the pictures for everyone's post so that makes it a pain to scroll through what everyone's posted and that new-fangled rotating wheel of updates takes forever to get through and seems to be similar to the home screen scroll noted above. Time to try some other apps I guess.

3) The battery usage screen (Settings, Battery, Battery Usage) has an annoying thin line near the top just below the line that says how long it's been off battery that has tiny blue tick marks that change location all the time. It looks like a display bug that wasn't there in Froyo. It's purely an annoyance for me rather than a real problem but it seems like it shouldn't happen.

4) In the App Drawer, I like the ability to switch between groups but I don't like that the header bar takes up almost a full row of app icons and does not disappear.

5) Still no Landscape mode for the home screen?

6) The keyboard is supposed to be better and easier to type on with keys that are better spaced yadda yadda....? It looks EXACTLY the same as it did before in my opinion and seems to work as well or as bad as it did before depending on what you thought of it.

7) I think the phone boots up slower. It appears to take longer to load data for WeatherBug and paint icons of apps on the home screen. Can't compare it to before since that's gone but, while it feels a tad faster in use, it feels a bit slower on start up.

Sure, relatively minor issues, mostly style points but they annoy me nonetheless. I'm just sayin'.....

Kevin
  10. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

If it annoys you so much why don't you go back to froyo?
  11. kevinkar

kevinkar New Member

"relatively minor issues, mostly style points"
  12. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

I am. I no longer get Gmail or yahoo mail notifications even though notifications are checked for each and its set to data push the emails for yahoo and set to fetch emails otherwise... I have to manually go in and refresh the program to get my emails on both apps. I have checked the settings so many times and tried playing with them to find a working setting - no go.

13. philnolan3d

philnolan3d New Member

I have a big annoyance. Every time I plug my phone in it starts repeatedly flashing the message that I normally get when I unplug from the car dock. "Disconnected -Unplug your charger from the outlet to conserve energy. " It just keeps flashing that until I either unplug it or reboot the phone.

I'm also having major problems with the space bar in the SwiftKey keyboard. I can't count the number of typos I've had to fix while typing this due to the spacebar.
  14. jbhuskers

jbhuskers New Member

For the Gmail problem, you can get Power Widgets out of the marketplace. There is a sync widget that you can place on your home screen. I had a sync problem out of the blue a few weeks ago, got that widget and if you flicker the widget on and off it will fix the problem, at least it did for me.
  15. jbhuskers

jbhuskers New Member

Stuff that should be fixed relatively soon right?
  16. mike dx

mike dx New Member

GB Phone Issue

With froyo when in browser if I selected a phone number the phone would pop up with it....just hit dial and called. With GB the phone pops up but has last number dialed primed to call. Any fix appreciated!

17. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Look For Existing Threads

Threads merged. If you want to discuss general issues with the Gingerbread upgrade please look for a thread discussing them. We do not need a new thread for every issue and many of these issues have already been discussed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-hook
  18. RETG

RETG Member

Removed swift key and re-installed and it now appears to work ok. At least the word option line at the top has re-appeared.

Other than an alarm clock program I had, everything else appears to work ok.
  19. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

FlexT9 keyboard was amazing under Android 2.2.1
    With the Android GB 2.3.3 update, it is ignoring some keys occasionally.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app
  20. philnolan3d

philnolan3d New Member

I've noticed this too, also when tapping some apps that are inside home screen folders it says "program not installed" (I think it actually says Application).

I'm also having problems with Beautiful Widgets, the WiFi widget won't let me place it where I want. I can place other 1x1 widgets in that spot or anywhere, but this one will only let me place it in certain spots.
Search tags for this page

programs disappearing samsung galaxy program not installed