Gingerbread and phone calls

fireman00

Reaction score
I've experienced it. It disconnects as soon as it starts to connect. I tried 3 times then finally rebooted my phone and was able to call out. Stock Gingerbread.

Same here. I tried calling *86 for my voicemail and the phone hung up immediately after dialing. After I powered the phone off/ on the problem went away.

khdirector

Reaction score
Same problem started when I updated to GB. Cant make calls (hangs up instantly) and cant send texts (fails after a few seconds) but my data (web, etc) work fine. Only a reboot fixes the problem.

I found out that when your phone goes into this mode you cant receive calls either. This needs to be fixed soon because its a serious issue. During an emergency this phone is useless!

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
GB drops call before connect

Glad to see I am not the only one this is happening to. This started with GB on my stock DX. Mine reboots fairly quickly, but I have to reboot to get the use of the phone. Not safe in case of an emergency where you need an immediate connection.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have any of y'all tried doing a data reset? Usually fixes all the issues with installing a new ROM.

sent from my ApeX

Biggyboy

Reaction score
Yes its happening to me as well.

Specs: Droid X Originally running stock 2.2 Froyo with Z4 root, also had all stock Bloatware deleted. I started having issue after the Verizon pushed OTA gingerbread 2.3.3. I am Currently still running the unrooted Stock ROM. I have both the dialing and texting issue.

nobull

Reaction score
I know it is just a band-aid, but maybe you could toggle into airplane and back out. That might be faster than a reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX

lxfilms

Reaction score
Failed outgoing calls after Gingerbreag Update.

I too am having these issues. I thought it was due to leaving it on the desk hidden aFailed outgoing calls after Gingerbread update. I gave to reboot everytime. I have done a cache reset as posted somewhere and it didnt fix the problem. Has anyone gonge to Verizon yet, I am about to but wanted to know if anyone has managed to get this fixed.

Thank you

lordofwar2018

Reaction score
i have had a similar problem with my samsung transform ultra model sph-m930 i can text go to the internet and everything but i try to make a phone call and it will take 1 minute to connect and the phone completely freeze and by then people hang up. i have done factory reset on the phone but that did not help at all.....this is a boost mobile phone and i have gingerbread.ff27 android 2.3.6 can anyone help me with this i would greatly apreciate it...if i have to root the phone to fix it then i am willing to just need some guidence

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have had a similar problem with my samsung transform ultra model sph-m930 i can text go to the internet and everything but i try to make a phone call and it will take 1 minute to connect and the phone completely freeze and by then people hang up. i have done factory reset on the phone but that did not help at all.....this is a boost mobile phone and i have gingerbread.ff27 android 2.3.6 can anyone help me with this i would greatly apreciate it...if i have to root the phone to fix it then i am willing to just need some guidence

Go to Boost Mobile and show them the problem. If they can't fix it, then they'll have to give you a new phone. Could be hardware related.

lordofwar2018

Reaction score
Go to Boost Mobile and show them the problem. If they can't fix it, then they'll have to give you a new phone. Could be hardware related.
i got the phone from a friend for free but i did take it to them they just did some reseting...if anyone knows of a fix...i am willing to root the phone if it is needed