Gingerbread blows, I want out

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
This totally bites hard. I did a full factory/data reset, loosing all my crap and I still DO NOT have any LED notifications. I am so pissed right I could just spit, thanks alot Google, you asshats. :icon_evil:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't have any isses with the LED notification but I use 3rd party apps for txt (handcent) for gmail (gmail notifier). My LEDs work just fine.

Natey2

Reaction score
Sorry to here that. Makes me wonder why some people are having so many issues when a lot of other people are having no issues. Make me think if its what people are doing with there phones.

I'm stock and have never rooted, and I'm having problems too. After factory reset, I could not restore any app's data even though it looked like app info/data was being saved at Google. I had to reinstall apps, and some problems went away, but others remain.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

wyld

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed by the led and hardware key light having a mind of there own. Everything seems to work good

Sent from my rooted DROID X

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed by the led and hardware key light having a mind of there own. Everything seems to work good

Sent from my rooted DROID X

There is a build.prop edit that will make the lights turn off after about 20 seconds. But sometimes they don't come back on, so I removed it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would def try another rom. I was on liberty and the leds worked fine. Very few bugs. Now I'm on apex and it's super fast and has minimal bugs. Not sure why the op has so much stress

Droid 2 APEX RC2 (GB)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
GB worked well for me. I am on the .595 leak though and now I have ZombieStomped. LED works great

sent from my ZombieStomped X

DoItLarge

Reaction score
Well I'm having terrible 3G issues. In the middle of my city, where there are no signal issues, my phone will lose its 3G icon but will still show full reception bars and when I go to dial out, it just automatically hangs up and will not go through or connect. It has happened about 10 times or so in the past 2 weeks. Glad I haven't ran out of gas or been in a wreck during these times. The only fix I seem to find is a battery pull which isn't a huge deal but still a PITA. Any thoughts on this fix, if there is any.?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try doing a data wipe. It should solve most of your problems.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

pool_shark

Reaction score
Well I'm having terrible 3G issues. In the middle of my city, where there are no signal issues, my phone will lose its 3G icon but will still show full reception bars and when I go to dial out, it just automatically hangs up and will not go through or connect. It has happened about 10 times or so in the past 2 weeks. Glad I haven't ran out of gas or been in a wreck during these times. The only fix I seem to find is a battery pull which isn't a huge deal but still a PITA. Any thoughts on this fix, if there is any.?

Try a PRL update.

*228 option 2.

matt2783

Reaction score
Don't blame Google, blame Moto for motoblur. I've had no notification issues with GB on my D1.