Gingerbread blows, I want out

Freezetron

Reaction score
Ok, I was hyped up along with everyone else with Gingerbread for months now since getting my DX back in Nov. However, I am REALLY unhappy with what Gingerbread has done in regards to my notifications of missed called, voice mail, text message. The phone REFUSES to give me any LED whatsoever if i've missed any type of call, have a voice mail or anything unlike Froyo.

Not only that, but half the damn time, it doesn't even show that I have missed called, I have to look at my stupid history to see if I even missed calls as the notification bar has gone completely retarded in even showing me the missed call icon, which just won't work in my book. I need to see every minute of the day if I missed a call and the LED to let me know my phones status as I'm a busy man and I dont have time to check through menu's just to find what calls did or didn't not come through. Froyo had this all working perfectly, why the hell did google have to go and ruin in it Gingerbread?

Any one know how I can slap Gingerbread around for it to show my LED notifications and icons in the upper bar again before I throw my droid at the nearest Verizon salesman, biatch Google out for being morons and switch to AT@T and a blackberry.

vernontwg

Reaction score
just put apex or liberty, i'm pretty sure one of those has led notifications

porpoise hork

Reaction score
d/l light flow from the market.. its free

its a little glitchy at times with continuing to notify you after you cleared the msg. doesnt do it all the time.. just every now and then. but other than that works perfectly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try using the gb sfb file and do that. Lots if people are having issues with gb and im thinking that people are getting bad downloads. Even if they do the ota. My wifi is way better on gb. I've heard of people pulling batteries and doing factory resets to fix these issues and they seem to work most of the time. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
SBF back to froyo,no biggie,1/2 hr and your done.getting rid of GB,good riddence! I hated it too,so nice to be back on rubix 2.2.340!

Reaction score
Sorry to here that. Makes me wonder why some people are having so many issues when a lot of other people are having no issues. Make me think if its what people are doing with there phones. You keep messing with it it will eventually bite back. Me 2.2 is slow and wifi worked when it wanted to and blur was bad. Now my phone is like new . So maybe one day you will come back.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
SBF back to froyo,no biggie,1/2 hr and your done.getting rid of GB,good riddence! I hated it too,so nice to be back on rubix 2.2.340!

woah didn't know sbfing it back took that long. Most it takes me is about 3-5 minutes.

Anyways your going to want to download the .340 SBF file, moto drivers for your X, and the newest version of rsd lite
Once you've done that all you basically have to do is get into bootloader find your phone on rsd and the software and basically start it.

[video=youtube;u4SThspDeV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4SThspDeV8]YouTube - ‪How to SBF your Droid X (Part 1 of 2)‬‏[/video]

There's a 2 part video to guide you through it. I personally think that a lot of it would be just useless information, but i haven't watched the full video so I can't comment on that. Good luck!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Sorry to here that. Makes me wonder why some people are having so many issues when a lot of other people are having no issues. Make me think if its what people are doing with there phones. You keep messing with it it will eventually bite back. Me 2.2 is slow and wifi worked when it wanted to and blur was bad. Now my phone is like new . So maybe one day you will come back.

It seems to me that the people that did not factory reset before or after the upgrade are the ones having issues. I know it's a PITA to reset, but it took care of my reboots every few minutes.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

It seems to me that the people that did not factory reset before or after the upgrade are the ones having issues. I know it's a PITA to reset, but it took care of my reboots every few minutes.

And that should be mandatory anytime doing a major OS upgrade on these phones. The only real problem I would have is if apps I paid for didnt show up, or took forever to show up.

mbg22

Reaction score
New Phone to Fix LED Issue

So I couldn't get the LED to work for anything consistantly, even after the reset. Well with a lot of digging, everything works except the missed call.

VZW sent me a refurb and motorola sent a new battery. Should I swap the phones?

I don't know if I want to go through this again. My current phone works fine and I am afraid the new one will work for a few days and crap out on me.

HELP!!!!

wyld

Reaction score
For me when I was on gingerbread the led only worked when the phone went to sleep wasn't really a big deal for me

sent from my not rooted-not liberated-Froyo DroidX :-(

mbg22

Reaction score
Yeah, but I use my phone for work and need to know when I get something in. If I wanted to keep checking my phone, I would have gotten the samsung phone

evolume

Reaction score
d/l light flow from the market.. its free

its a little glitchy at times with continuing to notify you after you cleared the msg. doesnt do it all the time.. just every now and then. but other than that works perfectly.

+1 I use light flow and get different notifications in a rainbow of colors for everything. my phone is like a rave twink without the pacifier or huge pants.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It seems to me that the people that did not factory reset before or after the upgrade are the ones having issues. I know it's a pain to reset, but it took care of my reboots every few minutes.

I agree 100% with this. Do the Factory Data Reset.