Droid X Gingerbread Overheating Problem

TayDee

Reaction score
Ever since I updated to gingerbread (now the deodexed version) my phone has been overheating with minimal use of it. So far the highest is got to was about 56 degrees, and my phone has never gotten that hot before. So I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem and is there a way to fix it?

And if you could, could someone list a few features of the gingerbread update. I see some but I just want a list so I can notice the ones I missed.

Sierra8561

Reaction score
Wipe and reinstall, something is buggy.

Rooted Droid X loving Gingerbread...
Twitter: Sierra8561

Breadmaster

Reaction score
My phone was overheating after a couple hours today, it was sitting around 100 degrees after about 40 min of use on gingerbread. I am overclocked to 1.35ghz ulv though..

Reaction score
I thought 100 was not that abnormal? I deffenantly don't think 60 would be considered that. High but as long as it does not so what my stock fascinated did after their last update it would actually overheating so bad while running internet and charging that it would shut off and give an error about overheating.... my x gets hot sometimes but I use the s #*! Out of it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sierra8561

Reaction score
My understanding is anything over 145F start to worry.

Rooted Droid X loving Gingerbread...
Twitter: Sierra8561

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying if it gets to hot should shut its self off I'm sure. But I wouldn't worry about that temp mines probably around there just sitting in my purse...

DXjunkie

Reaction score
yeah it's a hot runner with many bugs to fix. Problems flashing into recovery; problems with assigned buttons in clockwork (if you can get there). There are some really cool improvements (contacts search/scroll margin!) And you won't find the 3G-hotspot app in the Titanium Pro list. ( Try Darkonions solution: TBH Patch/3G Mobile Hotspot method instructions can be found here:
Kimete.com - DarkOnion's House of Pain). For now, good luck flashing back! Liberty 2.0's nice!

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
Mine was running hot but was being caused by an intense process being run by Tikl, a touch-to-talk app. I removed the app and the problem went away.

DXjunkie

Reaction score
Tikl huh? That's good to know. Is your droid still not ever heating? Have you had any trouble getting into recovery boot?

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
I haven't tried getting into recovery boot mode so I don't know.

No overheating at all, monitoring temp on JRummy's overclock. Before uninstalling Tikl, my x was unbearably slow at booting up and Launcher Pro would crash, phone would also overheat while running apps throughout the day. No problems now whatsoever.

izzo540

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the droid was dedicating a lot of power to something that all push to talk applications start when the phone boots.. a service in the background that was running at startup and conflicting with gingerbread.. if I read correctly a lot of people solved a lot of lagging issues and other issues by removing all PTT apps.