Gingerbread and phone calls

lark214

Reaction score
Know that I updated to gingerbread I notice at times when I try to call out the phone hangs up. This has happened quite a few times. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Slighter

Reaction score
Haven't had hang ups but my volume drops to inaudible levels at least once per call.
Stock Unrooted Unleaked OTA GB
(I got 5 bucks says at least one root boy offers some rooted advice.)

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I didn't have a phone call drop but it did take awhile to call someone. I tried sbfing to froyo then update again, but it didnt help much.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I am having trouble calling outa because I lose 3G connection... but phone still shows full bars, just not 3g or 1x... sucks cause I have to reboot. What is the point of having a phone with you if you may not be able to use it in an emergency? If I have to reboot the damn thing in order to use it... that's ridiculous. And only since gingerbread has this happened.... Verizon should take off my bill all the damn times I can't use my phone now....

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I understand that.... but the 3g and 1x shouldn't drop where I can't do anything with the phone, while it still shows plenty of signal bars. I can't text, go online, make a call, receive a call, nothing when this happens. I have to reboot the damn thing to be able to use. Its just an expensive paper weight when it does it....

corki2

Reaction score
I've experienced it. It disconnects as soon as it starts to connect. I tried 3 times then finally rebooted my phone and was able to call out. Stock Gingerbread.

dAi

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. I'm on Page Plus? Because I am.

jazzspire

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I dial out. I lose the connection immediately. I have to reboot to dial out. This started happening after stock Verizon Gingerbread upgrade. I also noticed that in-progress calls drop more frequently as well.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
So obviously this is a common problem, anyone heard of a fix for it? Making me seriously consider buying something else to use on my account because this is ridiculous that I have to reboot my freaking phone to make the few calls that I do make. If it was an emergency... just the reboot could become an issue if I needed to make the call THEN not LATER after a reboot. Thanks a lot Moto and Verizon... Always good to know I carry around a brick half the time until I reboot....

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
My Droid X suffers from the same call out problem at random times. Very frustrating. The boot-up time for Gingerbread also seems to take forever, or it seems so especially waiting for it to allow for a call to be placed.

Jgrissom21

Reaction score
I too am having this problem, and when it's happening, I can't send a text. I get a "delivery failed" after about 30 seconds. The only way to correct this is reboot. Very frustrating.

FernBch

Reaction score
Based on what I'm reading here it's a GB issue. Many have said this happens sinve GB. I'm still Froyo and have never had that issue.