Getting my Droid replaced after 30 days

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by mapexvenus, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problems with my Droid continue to grow and I believe I believe I may have a defective instrument. I bought the device + plan from Best Buy and also their insurance coverage with it.

Since it is past 30 days since I bought the device how should I go about getting a new device?

2. macarunni

macarunni New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is Verizon you have a 1 year warranty on the device. HOWEVER after the 30 days you will get a refurbished phone. My experience with refurbs has been a nightmare to the point I tell them I will not accept a refurbished phone. Good luck!

3. mapexvenus

mapexvenus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I am wondering whether the insurance thing I have with BB will entitle me to walk into a BB and simply get a new phone.

4. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mobile Phones

Oh nobody is gonna give you a new device, not BB not Verizon, not anyone. You're gonna get a refurbish phone. At least with BB, you'll get a new phone if they fail to fix it a 4th time, but they didn't mention which one. I'm startign to think it might be a BAD idea buying BB's plan. There's no deductible, but they will try to fix it and it could take up to a month to fix it.....

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...l-Phone-quot-insurance-quot/td-p/23855/page/3

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010