Get the 2.3 Gingerbread Launcher for your 2.2 Android

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gingerbreadlauncher.jpeg

Can't wait for the Gingerbread 2.3 update to the Android OS? Give yourself a taste of it right now! You can download a ported version of the Gingerbread Launcher/Home Screen from the marketplace by scanning the qr code below, and install it on your current Android 2.2 capable phone. PaulOBrien of MoDaCo was the genius that ported this over and released it into the wild of the Android Marketplace. Thanks to the guys over at talkandroid.com for the heads up on this.

gingerbreadlauncherqrscan.png

by dgstorm

bL33d

Reaction score
If only it worked on 2.1 for us guys with samsung devices :icon_evil:

bL33d

Reaction score
i think samsungs heads up google's ass making teh nexus s and could careless about current owners 2.1 on the galaxy S phones is a embarrassment.

skennelly

Reaction score
Tried it this morning, nothing special. It is more responsive than stock launcher on the x, but i will keep my launcher pro.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Tried it this morning, nothing special. It is more responsive than stock launcher on the x, but i will keep my launcher pro.

Saying that something is better than stock Motoblur ain't nothin special

lol

Been running this since I saw it at Engadget or Android Police, don't remember which, pretty interesting
Already have a screenshot in the screenshot thread.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
launcher pro gets better and better. love it.

Agreed. With all of its features, the bulk of them being free, and not even requiring root access to customize, LauncherPro is miles ahead of anything else I've seen. Recently got it and it's like getting a fresh OTA update. My Droid just got cool all over again.

Anyone having problems with the redraw lag, take comfort in knowing that LauncherPro not only eradicates this problem, but scrolling is actually smoother!

thedefectkid

Reaction score
launcher pro gets better and better. love it.

Agreed. With all of its features, the bulk of them being free, and not even requiring root access to customize, LauncherPro is miles ahead of anything else I've seen. Recently got it and it's like getting a fresh OTA update. My Droid just got cool all over again.

Anyone having problems with the redraw lag, take comfort in knowing that LauncherPro not only eradicates this problem, but scrolling is actually smoother!

I will never use any other launcher then LauncherPro also my friend (who is also a Droid owner) recently rooted his droid and he was like its not much faster with it overclocked. Once he downloaded LauncherPro he realized how fast his Droid could be. With the topic at hand, I'll just wait till the rom that I am using gets this update but it already has some Gingerbread goodness.

BlackDroidMod FTW!