DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kUkO2r21Uu30vCD1F2TjduI3wLvBwCnaiSRu9MNtqvxzAGwpM6bX4eozqjdWTcf_sJI=h310-rw
H-EdJZN2dat-2vttXjil5pNs5l12y7KtAKPoeaDoiQzFpfrZHkPN2VQ-T3eAkAJSY0k=h310-rw
G_AbztdUieiEEnDw4xKFTYY6kVwHHEI3UkRq78G73aH1QvFCwkH77woP_-Vyo65y5A=h310-rw

No other app pays you to unlock your device. On first glance this looks like an awesome opportunity. The app pays you every time you unlock your phone. It replaces your current lockscreen with what is basically a shortcut to an ad. They will pay you 1 cent every time you unlock your device and bring up an ad. You can choose to view the ad or just unlock the screen. It seems like the money would just rack up right? This just isn't the case. I used the service for about 6 hours before becoming frustrated enough to just totally uninstall the app. In six hours I managed to rack up eight cents. You won't be able to game the system here either. There is a 3 cents per hour maximum. This is ony fair to advertisers. If you managed to use Locket for an entire year I could see you earning anywhere from $50-$100. This is much better than $0. The frustration of having to visit an ad website every time you unlock your phone just isn't worth it for me. If you would like to give it a go grab it from the link below.

Via Play Store

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. This could be the next evolution of "Groupon". I see your point about the nuisance factor, but at the same time I wouldn't mind $50 at the end of the year, ESPECIALLY if it shows me even a couple of worthwhile local ads.

My main concern would be if it interferes in any way with answering a call (and hanging up)...and also what information they might be collecting.

This is basically Google's model with the difference being Locket pays you directly as opposed to providing free software & services.

So all that said, I'd much rather be an investor than a user!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just the thought of seeing an ad while unlocking my phone is already annoying me. It's a great idea and I'm sure some would put up with it for an extra +$50, I just won't be one of them. Can definitely find other ways to make a spare $50 a year

edit: hmm looks like I may be wrong. Maybe this is a good, fast, and easy way to pocket $50:D

Locket is free and pays you just for having ads on your lock screen. With one swipe, you can either open the ad or unlock your phone the way you always do. No matter what, you get paid. Real money. Up to hundreds of dollars per year.

Edit: Just downloaded it to my Nexus 7. The app doesn't allow you to access widgets from your lockscreen without hitting "back" or "home", so one extra step. If you can live with this, then I'd say it's a quick way to earn a few bucks throughout the year.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
heh

Now we just need an app that unlocks your phone without turning on the screen, 3 times per hour when the phone is not in use.:cool-b::cool-b::cool-b:

:haha::haha::saint::saint:

Hmmm.....

I wonder if i can make that app........*evil laugh*

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I'd assume the 3 cents per hour limit is on your Google account and that one device, right?

I have 2 Android phones and 2 Android tablets, so if not, that's 12 cents an hour :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bank on actually collecting your money 12 months from now...Such start-ups are notoriously unprofitable early on until they hit critical mass. Bet money if it doesn't take off that they walk away without paying anyone (and legitimately, without debating their salaries, there probably wouldn't be $$$ to pay).

I hate the lockscreen period - have it disabled (been meaning to enable it with Locale when I leave work/home). So naturally I don't have any lockscreen widgets.

I do wonder what would happen if you set Locale or Tasker to fastboot your phone 3 times every hour and turn the display on. Do you get paid for the ad appearing on your lockscreen, or do you actually have to unlock? 72 cents a day, baby!

It could end-up being a big hit. Think Groupon, except you get paid for all the notifications.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd assume the 3 cents per hour limit is on your Google account and that one device, right?

I have 2 Android phones and 2 Android tablets, so if not, that's 12 cents an hour :)

Or put my old 2 phones to work with new Google accounts...

The economics of this could get really interesting. I wonder how much advertisers actually pay them (and I think Google takes like 30%?). And no idea what their overhead is. But this is brilliant - I can't remember another concept that paid people to view ads.

Asgard

Reaction score
Is it a little hypocritical on my side to have adAway and this at the same time?
Mainly because I consider that I have the choice of when to see ads and I don't want them.

So far I'm at $3.02 and don't have much hope about it, but I decided to give it a try.
For the people that don't like lockscreens, consider this: I have now locket, then widgetlocker, then my regular lockscreen with face recognition.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Or put my old 2 phones to work with new Google accounts...

The economics of this could get really interesting. I wonder how much advertisers actually pay them (and I think Google takes like 30%?). And no idea what their overhead is. But this is brilliant - I can't remember another concept that paid people to view ads.
I was also thinking that. I feel like this could be easily exploited. I'm sure people are already trying to automate it with Tasker or something similar.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I have used it for a little over a week now and I'm up to $5. I make about 50 cents a day. Not to bad for allowing someone to show me an add on my lockscreen.
It's actually a smart business model. For the first 3 times you unlock your phone each hour, you get 50-100% of the add revenue paid to you. But, after that Locket makes 100% of the revenue. They are banking on you unlocking your phone many times an hour (I know I do). Even if you don't unlock your phone more than 3 times in any hour they will still make a small amount from target adds. They would be smart to partner/sell to someone with huge amounts of customer data like facebook/google in order to target adds more effectively and get more money per add. It would be interesting to see if you could make something like this work with a widget or live wallpaper, or integrated into a rom to make you and the developer some cash.

Amazon has apparently decided to experiment with it. After the last update a day or so ago, I have been seeing a lot of Amazon adds.

I was also thinking that. I feel like this could be easily exploited. I'm sure people are already trying to automate it with Tasker or something similar.

Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets it running automated on multiple VM's on a PC.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now we just need an app that unlocks your phone without turning on the screen, 3 times per hour when the phone is not in use.:cool-b::cool-b::cool-b:

:haha::haha::saint::saint:

Hmmm.....

I wonder if i can make that app........*evil laugh*

I may have to look into that and build that lol

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it a little hypocritical on my side to have adAway and this at the same time?
Mainly because I consider that I have the choice of when to see ads and I don't want them.

So far I'm at $3.02 and don't have much hope about it, but I decided to give it a try.
For the people that don't like lockscreens, consider this: I have now locket, then widgetlocker, then my regular lockscreen with face recognition.

What is your phone fort knox? ha

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'm at over $4 so far. I look at its free and an opportunity to make some free cash. Why not? Besides I have seen some goof ads

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
buy cheap android phones on ebay for $20. open multiple google accounts all tied to same credit card/paypal account. install macro app that would unlock your phone 3 times every hour. leave all phones on chargers and forget about them. collect $262.80 after first year from each device.

/ponder...