Get my Droid X Monday

damstr

Reaction score
Well Ive been checking eBay out constantly to see if anyone would list a Droid X for sale at a reasonable price. Lately they've been going for $1000+ which I think is crazy for it coming out less then a month.

Last night someone listed one and I got it for about $70 over retail (buy it mow was really low) and the seller is overnighting it to me today so Ill have it Monday morning.

This is one of the Droid X's that came from the press conference end of last month. Never been activated. Can't wait! dancedroid

EDIT: Here are the pics!

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

Last edited:

karmajay

Reaction score
Yikes, it is coming out Thursday you know! Hope it is worth it :) Especially since they are saying you can't activate them and access features till the 15th...

OP
D

damstr

Reaction score
You can activate them I don't know what your talking about. People that got the phones at the end of last month have activated them no problem....

JFDroid

Reaction score
Yikes, it is coming out Thursday you know! Hope it is worth it :) Especially since they are saying you can't activate them and access features till the 15th...

A post on Verizon Wireless' internal system (infomanager) revealed that they made provisions and changes to the VZW network to allow the 170 people who received Droid X's early to activate them as of 7/9 (yesterday).

Source: Early DROID X Arrivals can Now Officially be Activated - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
D

damstr

Reaction score

A post on Verizon Wireless' internal system (infomanager) revealed that they made provisions and changes to the VZW network to allow the 170 people who received Droid X's early to activate them as of 7/9 (yesterday).

Source: Early DROID X Arrivals can Now Officially be Activated - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Yep I won't have any problems. :D

dangerous

Reaction score

That message was a lie. those phones can be activated.

I got my I760 about 1 month early (years back) due to the same mix up. (VZW was loading inventory into the system, had my Business rep order the phone as i know the SKU).

Trash Can

Reaction score
Yikes, it is coming out Thursday you know! Hope it is worth it :)

I agree. Unless one has money to burn, why not wait a few days and save some bucks? That $70 could go a long ways towards purchasing some accessories.

Either way, congrats to the OP! Hope you enjoy!

OP
D

damstr

Reaction score
Yikes, it is coming out Thursday you know! Hope it is worth it :)

I agree. Unless one has money to burn, why not wait a few days and save some bucks? That $70 could go a long ways towards purchasing some accessories.

Either way, congrats to the OP! Hope you enjoy!

Well take into consideration I am getting it early and I don't have to worry about lines. I was going to go to my Verizon's midnight launch but now I can pass it up.

I think Im going to go into Verizon/Best Buy and ask if they have accessories and then pull the phone out just to see the confused look on their faces. Haha

JimWest

Reaction score
I was at my VZ store earlier today and had no problems getting accessories for the X, but when I asked, the rep (a good guy, that I know) did do a double-take and asked, "You've already got a Droid X? How'd you do that?" :)

Of course, I don't have it, yet, :icon_evil: and am looking forward to Thursday, anxiously. :byeBB:

jvmxtra

Reaction score
very nice.. how are the buttons?

Can you also verify that there is indeed support for wifi N?

Also, can you totally get rid of wiget from moto?

Schimm

Reaction score
Those are excellent pics BTW......showing the true size of the X vs. our faithful droid. I want to get my hands on it first.....a demo at one of the stores. I've got a rooted droid and the lack of froyo bugs me.

Mule65

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Motorola changed the order of the home row keys from Droid?

OP- Are the physical keys awkward compared to capacitive keys on the Droid?

Last edited:
OP
D

damstr

Reaction score
Those are excellent pics BTW......showing the true size of the X vs. our faithful droid. I want to get my hands on it first.....a demo at one of the stores. I've got a rooted droid and the lack of froyo bugs me.
Yeah the inability to root is a little annoying or else I'd already have 2.2 on this thing already! haha
Does anyone know why Motorola changed the order of the home row keys from Droid?

OP- Are the physical keys awkward compared to capacitive keys on the Droid?
I don't know but I've been hitting the home button all the time when I mean to hit the settings button. lol

Oh and the keys definitely aren't awkward. I like them.