Droid X Now Buy One Get One Question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by n1chol3, Dec 1, 2010.

1. n1chol3

n1chol3 New Member

So I'm going to be getting a Droid X this Monday, and it's currently under the Buy One Get one Free plan, but in the small print is also says up to 4 free.

Is there a stipulation if I get more than just one free? I don't want to have to sign up for anything extra, thanks. dancedroid
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I'm sure each would have to be activated on a line with a new contract with a data plan. I don't know how long you would have to keep the phone activated though - 30 days? 90 days? Somebody with that knowledge will come along soon and provide an answer.
  3. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

More than likely it will be a new 2 year agreement on each additional phone. They aren't just going to hand you as many free phones as you want, they make their money back on them through you making that monthly payment.
  4. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

you will have to have that many lines.. but you do not have to keep the x activated you will just have to put some phone on there (dumb phone) that way your bill only goes up 10 a month for each line..

( i know this works, they will even activate the dumb phones on the addt lines)
  5. Teh Wicked

Teh Wicked New Member

My girlfriend just got a new X after she purchased mine for me...no questions, its even on the contract she has had for years.
  6. Dustin.

Dustin. New Member

In order to get the BOGO you must sign another 2year agreement to get the other X for free. Which would make it two lines instead of just your one. They wont just hand you another X without having it activated and under an agreement.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  7. screwby

screwby New Member

Actually Verizon now makes you keep the data plan on your phone for the term of the contract so you cant really just put another phone on there, well you can but you have to keep data plan.
  8. stealthgriffin

stealthgriffin New Member

Screwby, that is only in relation to the new Smartphones Talk Free promotion, in order to get your 9.99 per month credit you have to keep a smartphone with the 29.99 data package.

For others, you can change phones whenever you feel like it. Unless you went through a retailer whose seperate agreement you signed said that you would keep the data for the 6 month charge back period they have to endure from Verizon.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab
  9. ryanm1058123

ryanm1058123 New Member

anybody know how long this deal is good for?