Get an HTC Rezound?

zwisslerd

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Rezound for Christmas since my plan is up, and it looks really sweet. Although first of all, i like to customize m phone. I have been reading and have been kind of worried about it getting rooted and getting roms, that sort of thing. What do you guys think?

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
I would definitely say to get it either way. I love having a rooted phone and custom ROMs, and have been checking back on these forums every day to see whether the Rezound has been rooted yet or not... But the Rezound is badass even without being rooted.

HTC included a built-in screen grabbing app, so there's no need for a root-based screen shot app anymore. The only things other than ROMs and a screen grabber that I used root for previously were Wireless Tether, Tasker, and Titanium Backup...

...Ad blocker and deleting bloatware was nice too...

Come to think of it, I didn't realize how much I missed having permanent root until I wrote this. Thanks a lot...

BUT, if the Rezound does get rooted (as I really hope it will), then I bet it becomes the best of the "big three" that everyone keeps talking about (Rezound, Razr, Nexus)... So in that case, you'll likely be losing out if you get one of the other two. It's up to you, I guess.

jcardona1

Reaction score
^ i agree. The Rezound is an awesome phone. If there was no Nexus in my sights, this would have been my phone, locked bootloader or not.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Im having the problem deciding between Bionic, ReZound or holding out for the Nexus....

bvjens31

Reaction score
Temp root works decently and I have successfully frozen bloat with TiBa, so there is progress. I've also had to defrost all bloat so I could use built-in mobile hotspot (until perm root and WiFi tether gets unlocked) :) either way, the phone is still a beast, out of the box without any modding. Beats audio and earbuds are icing on the cake.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed! this thing is crazy good right out of the box. I didn't even care about the earbuds or beat audio until I used them together. I know its arguable that you can do what beats does with an equalizer from the market but man its so much easier to just hit one button and have great sound. the Camera is so sweet also.

bvjens31

Reaction score
Agreed! this thing is crazy good right out of the box. I didn't even care about the earbuds or beat audio until I used them together. I know its arguable that you can do what beats does with an equalizer from the market but man its so much easier to just hit one button and have great sound. the Camera is so sweet also.

Where the Rezound is really going to win-out is when app devs start utilizing the Beats technology with their apps! Google Music + Beats audio anyone??? dancedroid

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Where the Rezound is really going to win-out is when app devs start utilizing the Beats technology with their apps! Google Music + Beats audio anyone??? dancedroid

*shrug* download equalizer from the market, pump up the bass and highs and visualizer and basically you have what beats does automatically right on tap for all apps. The Bionic also had some music presets that applied system wide. I don't think beats is that big of a deal on this phone. Now if it had come with some stock beats speakers INSIDE the phone, yeah that would be awesome. where it shines is the 1.5ghz dual core processor, sense 3.5, camera, and of course the 720p display that is just BEAUTIFUL!

..though that 720p display makes rockin netflix on 3G crappy because netflix scales down to like 240p on 3G data connection :(

bvjens31

Reaction score
*shrug* download equalizer from the market, pump up the bass and highs and visualizer and basically you have what beats does automatically right on tap for all apps. The Bionic also had some music presets that applied system wide. I don't think beats is that big of a deal on this phone. Now if it had come with some stock beats speakers INSIDE the phone, yeah that would be awesome. where it shines is the 1.5ghz dual core processor, sense 3.5, camera, and of course the 720p display that is just BEAUTIFUL!

..though that 720p display makes rockin netflix on 3G crappy because netflix scales down to like 240p on 3G data connection :(

So are you saying that all Beats does is crank up the EQ settings? Or are you saying that by using the EQ from market, you can make everything sound on par with Beats? Just trying to get a handle on what exactly Beats does/is, and if it's more than just a polished turd. Can't complain about the earbuds though, those babies are pretty decent.

Agree on the CPU, thing is lightning fast without any modding at all. And no unusual heat to speak of either.

phxslayer

Reaction score
I like the headphones for sure but I can make poweramp sound the same as the beats music app by using the EQ in poweramp. I almost think beats is more about the headgear than the internals until they integrate it with other vendor apps.

Aside from the bloatware I love everything about this phone.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
So are you saying that all Beats does is crank up the EQ settings? Or are you saying that by using the EQ from market, you can make everything sound on par with Beats? Just trying to get a handle on what exactly Beats does/is, and if it's more than just a polished turd. Can't complain about the earbuds though, those babies are pretty decent.

Agree on the CPU, thing is lightning fast without any modding at all. And no unusual heat to speak of either.

in short yes... Beats fine tunes the equalizer to a predefined range determined by the beats team... typically it works best for hip-hop R&B, that kind of thing. I listen mostly to rock and country so it lacks a bit there, but I listen to some of the other as well. I've always used an Equalizer, and can achieve very similiar results to beats without much effort. High bass and treble some virtualization and a bass enhancer if you're using Equalizer from the market, same affect, system wide.

TheDr1ver

Reaction score

Changing your default streaming quality should fix that problem. I was having issues with my netbook's videocard not being able to handle HD streaming (Silverlight doesn't play nicely with ION) and this fixed any skipping issues I was previously having. Just log in, click on 'Your Account,' click on 'Manage Video Quality,' and scale accordingly. It's kind of a pain in the ass to switch it back before streaming from a better connection, but at least it should get it working on your less powerful or less bandwidth-privileged devices.