Rezound on T-Mobile ?

HowardZ

Reaction score
There might be some great new phones coming out end of this year.

I am thinking I might buy a better phone, and give my rezound to my daughter, and move the rezound to a $30 per month T-Mobile USA plan.

I am wondering how well the rezound works on T-Mobile, if it supports T-Mobile's frequencies, and if she'd get better coverage and speeds with an unlocked GSM phone - like an unlocked HTC one S?

I have the latest 4.93.605.2 global phone ruu installed on my rezound. I find Verizon's APN has a padlock symbol next to it. I also tried entering a second APN for tmobile but it will not save. It appears Verizon has locked the APN to Verizon

I know there are some people using the rezound on GSM networks who can describe the capabilities and any limitations. Please explain.

Perhaps it just needs some developer blessed changes to the build.prop file?

Thanks,
Howard

Last edited:

Tha187um

Reaction score
Last I checked sms was not working. I think there was a third party app that let you modify some settings to get it to work... also to get data was a pain. I personally think it's not worth it :( I use it to travel and to use it as a PHONE only... HOWEVER... I read this some time ago and seems interesting, i cannot afford to this as my Rezound is my primary phone on VZW...

[ROM][08.16.12] [v1.2] Rezound Maister Sense4 [GSM] [AROMA] - xda-developers

that's a GSM rom for the rezound, I think you lose your option to use it with VZW

again... all these info I gave you is based on a few months back of personal experience... so I got something wrong, my apologies.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Wow disregard my post... I guess I was out of touch for too long :)
check this out:
[Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

this is amazing news... now, being that is stock from verizon, it might not work on local carriers.. I just installed it now, wow i was so outdated on all my versions...
if this doesnt work for us carriers... Im gonna try Simplistic Rom :) looks great and has GSM patch to unlock to all carriers... however, the patch ONLY works on their Rom...

BTW, that firmware unlocks the radios, it gives you GSM option or Global from Stock Rom..

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't think the ReZound supports Tmobiles 3G network. So, you'd only get EDGE speed for data.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of international / "unlocked" devices that work on carriers like AT&T don't work fully on T-Mobile - as mentioned above, you'd be stuck with Edge data speeds.

I believe the phone has to be pentaband to support Tmo's frequencies.

Tha187um

Reaction score
ok I just confirmed it... with the latest global RUU, I was able to use the phone with ATT and Tmobile, however, I got edge with both carriers, but with tmobile i was not able to send txt messages, only with ATT

korrect

Reaction score
tmobile able to send and receive text

ok I just confirmed it... with the latest global RUU, I was able to use the phone with ATT and Tmobile, however, I got edge with both carriers, but with tmobile i was not able to send txt messages, only with ATT

I don't know but I put a prepaid Tmobile sim in my rezoned (4.0.3.605.2 RUU, relocked) and able to send and receive calls and texts. only had to change APN and APN type. Data works too out of the box and it is EDGE (E symbol displayed), although on a HTC Radar (windows phone 7.5) it shows 4G for some reason.

I tried AT&T sim (no data plan on it) and found calls and text works too (only APN and type.. wap.cingular, default, mms, supl).

I am sure data will work... judging by how Tmobile sim behaved.

Next question: in order to get beyond EDGE data speed, what other GSM providers can we use?

Question after Next: Can I activate on PagePlus for calls only, no data, just by giving them MEID number, without flashing any roms etc? And, since that doesn't require a SIM, can I keep my AT&T data sim in the phone to switch to for data when I need it?

Billy

Last edited: