GB update works like a charm

AZ8

Reaction score
Loving Gingerbread!

After 2 weeks on GB, I gotta tell you....Im loving it! I wasn't a fan of the color changes, menu config...etc at first, but I gotta be honest, GB is a much smoother and more elagant UI. I have a co-worker that hasn't upgraded yet and I was showing him some of the changes. Looking at his DX with Froyo compared to my DX with GB was striking. Side by side comparasion, Froyo looked...well....dated and basic.

No WAY Id go back.

Also, my battery usage has leveled off and is actually better on GB!! Just took GB a couple weeks to "learn" my battery habits I suppose! :)

Anyways....just wanted to give kudos to GB.

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm also loving it. I havent had any issues. It appears to be much faster and it doesnt freeze hardly as much. The color blue took some getting use to but I'm ok with it. With GB this phone does everything I need it to do and more!!!!
After 2 weeks on GB, I gotta tell you....Im loving it! I wasn't a fan of the color changes, menu config...etc at first, but I gotta be honest, GB is a much smoother and more elagant UI. I have a co-worker that hasn't upgraded yet and I was showing him some of the changes. Looking at his DX with Froyo compared to my DX with GB was striking. Side by side comparasion, Froyo looked...well....dated and basic.

No WAY Id go back.

Also, my battery usage has leveled off and is actually better on GB!! Just took GB a couple weeks to "learn" my battery habits I suppose! :)

Anyways....just wanted to give kudos to GB.

Reaction score
I also took the update and my phone has never ran faster and smoother. My batt life is better can get up to 14 to 20 hours. And I have no issues at all. And I don't miss being on roms anymore, I will even say my phone is as fast now as it was in roms. That surprised me. Gb made my phone feel new again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I had good experiences with GB for the most part. A few minor things but they've all been resolved. I'm on Liberty GB now and it blows the stock GB out of the water!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Merged, as I said they are and few between. Keep showing the love for GB. :)

PARick

Reaction score
My update has worked flawlessly as well. I really think the key was doing a factory reset then accepting the update. No proof, but JMHO.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums