GB update works like a charm

imchance

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I have zero issues with the GB update and have only positive things to say about it. Battery life is better no force closes etc...best thing that my X ever utilized (never rooted never will)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I have zero issues with the GB update and have only positive things to say about it. Battery life is better no force closes etc...best thing that my X ever utilized (never rooted never will)

Same here, no issues at all and much better performance.

Steve

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Want to say the same, the only thing i'll had to deal with with the lag when trying to unlock the phone. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does, at least with my phone, no issues, and better battery life. :icon_ banana:

csimo

Reaction score

Try turning your phone off and just lay it down and wait for 5 to 10 minutes or so. You might be surprised when you think it's off and it turns back on without your knowledge.

I just did this today on a brand new Droid X at the Verizon store. Yes, it does it even on a brand new stock phone.

abe7333

Reaction score
Yup loving my droid x more than ever. I can feel that it's a little bit faster

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xush

Reaction score
Just curious, for those not having much/any trouble- are you mostly running stock apps (email/text/browser, etc) or using 3rd party stuff? How many apps have you DL'd? Heavily customized or pretty much stock layout?

Would really appreciate hearing more details on what kind of systems are running smoothly on GB. Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen many updates, leaks, on all kinds of devices. I've never seen any update come in where there wasn't a ton of complaints.

These threads are far and few between, but I believe that the majority of people share the OP's experience.

thinman72069

Reaction score
You might be right. Most people whose phone is rocking don't feel the need to post about it I estimate. I just want mine to work like the update said it should. But no doubt the issues are plenty enough to be concerned if you can't operate your device the way you need it to. And I'm not doing a lot of things many here utilize their phones for. My wife's DX is working just fine while mine isn't.

yearn

Reaction score
I updated to the ota gb update as soon as I could and my phone runs great. Its much faster than froyo, the new Blurr is much nicer, battery life is better, and its just nicer looking in general.
The only issue I have is random reboots(maybe once or twice a day). But other than that its solid. And I also keep tons of apps on my phone.
I will be very glad once its rooted tho. Like with gingerbreak.
I know I can get root axcess by installing the TBH zips but for now I think ill just wait. Everythings running great.

Reaction score
I'm all stock, all my apps come from the market....probably 20-25 of them. Never did any rooting, or any blocking, or anything like that............just stock. No reboots, no auto turn on, no problems at all.

Steve

ricks

Reaction score
Im stock with a bunch of apps, not alot tho. I have no issues at all with my X. It never turns on by itself.