GB Swype not working?

Graft

Reaction score
I upgraded to Gingerbread and the Swype isn't working. I tried installing the the beta client to see if that would work. But nope. Has anyone figured out how to fix that?

km75

Reaction score
In order for the beta to work the pre-installed swype on gingerbread has to be completely diasbled. I'm running a gb liberty rom that didn't have swype on it at all. Dowloaded the swype beta from their site and it works perfectly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
G

Graft

Reaction score
Yes, but I'm keeping stock blur on gb that has a default swype that doesn't work as it is.

km75

Reaction score
You might want to supply a little more info such as what kind of phone you have, whether you have an official ota gb software update, and so forth. Its going to be tough for anybody to help you w/o that type of info

OP
G

Graft

Reaction score
I'm on a D2 w/ the black hat release of GB

OP
G

Graft

Reaction score
Yes. I heard. I was curious if there was a fix for that yet.

km75

Reaction score
Yes. I heard. I was curious if there was a fix for that yet.

Take a look at the thread entitled 'Swype expired in community 2.0 rom' in the forums.

dreamvision602

Reaction score
Just use titanium to wipe all swype data, uninstall, and reinstall using the installer from swype website

OP
G

Graft

Reaction score
I tried doing the titanium wipe deal. However, now it keeps flashing up that swype encountered an error and has closed.

km75

Reaction score
I tried doing the titanium wipe deal. However, now it keeps flashing up that swype encountered an error and has closed.

So you uninstalled it/not wiped and then went to the swype beta website?

Khiraji

Reaction score
I have discovered a solution to this problem, based on suggestions from the following link: Tutorial: Installing Beta Swype on Droid X - Page 3

I just installed the latest Swype beta on my Stock GB D2, and it runs wonderfully.

*In my case, I used a root explorer to delete the files that the tutorial suggests renaming - tried once with renaming the files, lots of errors.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just delete swype from the phone, dl the installer from the swype website and install it that way. It'll work

From my sweet and spicy gingercomb droid 2