Get swype working for D2 on your leaked rooted GB!

drinksprite

Reaction score
After countless hours trying to figure out how to fix the swype keyboard, I had a revelation...to just uninstall and reinstall it haha.

Anyway here's how:

1.Download Root Uninstaller from the app market. Uninstall, or "backup" swype to the sd card.

2.Get the swype installer from beta.swype.com. You're gonna have to register to get the download link. It sends a link to your email right away.

3. Run the swype installer (you'll need to change permissions to allow installation of non market apps). It even has a cool tutorial at the end that taught me some tricks I never knew before.

4.*UPDATE* Generate License!*

Enjoy! Hope it works for you. It should. I now like my phone again :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

briantek

Reaction score
Thanks man this worked great. BTW I like the new look of swype too!

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
yea it looks pretty cool I just wish we had the option to change it's appearance/color

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
*update* I noticed that you have to click "generate license" during the install to keep it working after reboot. If u dont then youll have to do it over again.

Last edited:

Bert336

Reaction score
does anyone know of a better fix? i reboot my phone after i install apps or uninstall (perhaps there's no reason for me to do so but i do it anyways) but after every reboot i have to regenerate the license of the Beta Swype... it takes 3 mins to do so but i would use those 3 minutes browsing the forum instead of regenerating the swype license :)

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
does anyone know of a better fix? i reboot my phone after i install apps or uninstall (perhaps there's no reason for me to do so but i do it anyways) but after every reboot i have to regenerate the license of the Beta Swype... it takes 3 mins to do so but i would use those 3 minutes browsing the forum instead of regenerating the swype license :)

Hit Menu>Settings>Language & Keyboard.

Disable swype then enable it. This works whenever it stops working randomly.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep getting an error "parsing package" and I don't see no generate license thingy