GB for the Incredible...

Reaction score
I was pretty sure that the incredible was gonna stay at 2.2. But since I wasn't completely sure, I promised a buddy I was ask for him cause he just got one. So will the first incredible be getting GB or is only the Incredible II getting it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I was pretty sure that the incredible was gonna stay at 2.2. But since I wasn't completely sure, I promised a buddy I was ask for him cause he just got one. So will the first incredible be getting GB or is only the Incredible II getting it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

They both will get Gingerbread 2.3

riko540

Reaction score
An HTC rep. said it should start rolling out to the Incredible during the summer.

kmo

Reaction score
An HTC rep. said it should start rolling out to the Incredible during the summer.

The new INC 2 is still on Froyo 2.2, why wouldn't they have it on the new INC 2 coming out April 28th if the update is coming this summer? Makes no sense to me....:) It may be true but just sayin'. Personally makes no difference to me since I'm already running GB but I'm not to sure how long they will be maintaining/updating the the original INC. Since I don't have any inside sources I won't guess what will happen. I'll keep watching to see the final result.

ibkenster

Reaction score
I think my phone is bricked...
I downloaded OMGB from ROM manager and attempted to install it but now my phone is stuck in the htc incredible screen. I tried turning it off from the power button but that doesn't work either. I accessed the reboot application but no matter what I select it does not do anything. Anyone had this problem and know how to resolve it?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Its not bricked. It wouldn't even power up if it was. You just need to boot into recovery (I'm not sure how to do that on your phone, assuming you do or can figure it out) and factory reset/wipe cache. Then it should work just fine

Posted Using My Droid X running GB Rooted

riko540

Reaction score

The new INC 2 is still on Froyo 2.2, why wouldn't they have it on the new INC 2 coming out April 28th if the update is coming this summer? Makes no sense to me....:) It may be true but just sayin'. Personally makes no difference to me since I'm already running GB but I'm not to sure how long they will be maintaining/updating the the original INC. Since I don't have any inside sources I won't guess what will happen. I'll keep watching to see the final result.

What I read didn't mention anything about the Inc. 2 so that is still up in the air. They didn't give an exact date other than "this summer". It did mention that HTC would make an announcement when they are ready to push the update out. Again this is from a rep. so it could be complete BS. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ibkenster

Reaction score
BackSeatSuicide, I attempted a factory reset/wipe cache unfortunately it's not working. Everything I try has failed. I cannot even mount the sd card from my laptop.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BackSeatSuicide, I attempted a factory reset/wipe cache unfortunately it's not working. Everything I try has failed. I cannot even mount the sd card from my laptop.

Please start a new thread in the appropriate Rescue Squad section, this thread is discussing the official release of GB on the Inc. If you can post a thread in the correct section, the Rescue Squad can easily identify the thread and help you.

seventystangfan

Reaction score
Received from a direct HTC "customer support" agent:

"We certainly understand wanting to keep the device up to date. The HTC Incredible 2 is slated for an update to the Android 2.3 operating system. However, there is no estimated date available as to when the update will be released. If any information is made available, it will be on our website at http://www.htc.com/us."

Please HTC... make it soon.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
Why not just enjoy the current software? I have the first Incredible and I love it. 2.2 runs so so smooth on it. I really can't name a good reason to have GB "right now". From personal experience, I haven't had good luck with OTA updates anyway.