Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate...what is going to drive people away from a droid and to this? I mean..screen size is the same right? It's got the snapdragon processor but no seperate gpu which you may or may not want when flash arrives. The camera is better, who cares. I know it has the 512 mb or memory over our 256..but who has run out? I guess I just don't see why it's worth paying that much for.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Just to play devils advocate...what is going to drive people away from a droid and to this? I mean..screen size is the same right? It's got the snapdragon processor but no seperate gpu which you may or may not want when flash arrives. The camera is better, who cares. I know it has the 512 mb or memory over our 256..but who has run out? I guess I just don't see why it's worth paying that much for.

Paying how much for? Every indication is that it will probably run inline with Droid pricing with a two year contract. I'm seeing $199 a good bit. Personally, I don't like the keyboard of the Droid and would never use it, so just one other thing to worry about breaking. And personally, I like everything I've seen and read about the Sense UI setup. I think it puts a nice polish on the Android system.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Paying how much for? Every indication is that it will probably run inline with Droid pricing with a two year contract. I'm seeing $199 a good bit. Personally, I don't like the keyboard of the Droid and would never use it, so just one other thing to worry about breaking. And personally, I like everything I've seen and read about the Sense UI setup. I think it puts a nice polish on the Android system.

But who with a droid is up for renewal to get that price? Nobody.

And I agree. I run the droid desire rom now as a daily and sense is awesome. So for now I have my hard keyboard I love, and senseui

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

And I agree. I run the droid desire rom now as a daily and sense is awesome. So for now I have my hard keyboard I love, and senseui
Sorry, I see what you mean now. Very true, pretty much anyone with a Droid will be waiting unless full price. I didn't think about that. Luckily my wife has a phone on my account also so her's is due for an early upgrade. :D

pilot25

Reaction score

Sorry, I see what you mean now. Very true, pretty much anyone with a Droid will be waiting unless full price. I didn't think about that. Luckily my wife has a phone on my account also so her's is due for an early upgrade. :D

True but it doesn't hurt to call VZ and ask for an early upgrade. A little negotiating can go along way.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Excellent point. My wife's phone is going to be on month 19 out of 24, so think we're going to be okay. I'll definitely be doing some begging if need be. I should be working instead of looking at this manual, but I can't stop. The settings on this phone look remarkable and the Sense UI really does appear to add A LOT to the mix.

Have noticed one thing from some of the specs. Its looking like this phone may not have been underclocked after all. Think it may be running full 1 GHz. Not positive about that. Can't wait for my new toy!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

dave4100

Reaction score
This might be old, but did anybody see the leaked 205 page "HTC Incredible" equipment guide?

Another site has the PDF for download.

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
This might be old, but did anybody see the leaked 205 page "HTC Incredible" equipment guide?

Can't remember which thread it was in, but yes. Downloaded and have already been reading it. The way Sense UI seems to be tying into it is slick as hell! Looks like a beautiful phone. This is really starting to push forward as a device to compete with the iPhone.

big.daddy

Reaction score
This is supposedly a spec sheet that has now popped up online. One thing doesn't make sense on it. If you look down the first column, it says Removable Memory-microSD 32gb. Now, look almost directly across. Removable Memory-microSD 16gb.

Can't figure that part out.

http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/incredible-equipment-guide.jpg

i wonder if they are offering an sd card with this phone. I dont see one listed on the information. Oh well, i'm still getting it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm all over this one also. Soon as it hits, I'm there. I may have seen something regarding the microSD card. Looking through the stores, the highest I'm seeing is a 16gb. Do they have 32gb microSD cards?