Galaxy Nexus VS Droid Rzr?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Am surprised not to see a thread like this already started. Please help me make a decision on possibly returning my just ordered Droid rzr. Coming from TB and camera quality, Dev support and Great battery life is a must for me. Please respect one another during this:D

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
With these batch of LTE phones a great battery isn't a reality. Unless you turn off the LTE.

Finally, are we being a tad bit premature here? You JUST ordered the Razr and you're thinking about ditching it already? Give it a week before you jump the gun.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
great battery life without custom rom will be hard to achieve on any lte phone but my stock nexus lasts me full day on regular battery with light usage without a problem.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, the battery is by no means great, but it has lasted me through the day fine. Second day I actually had to purposefully burn the last 15% before falling asleep as I was trying to do a few cycles of 100% to 0%. Today it seems to be improved a great deal, I lose 1-2% per hour standby and ~1% per 4 or 5 minutes of use. Of course, thats just estimating based on watching it, by no means anything scientific!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Believe there's a thread in the general discussion section of the forum.:p

Battery life isn't great, but that's not very accurate for me yet because I haven't really put the device down since I got it. Everything else is awesome:hail:

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
With these batch of LTE phones a great battery isn't a reality. Unless you turn off the LTE.

Finally, are we being a tad bit premature here? You JUST ordered the Razr and you're thinking about ditching it already? Give it a week before you jump the gun.

You're right tj, I know Am being premature about this but I always do this because 14 days to return flies too quick. I spoke to a couple of my peepz at Verizon and the opinions are almost dead even between the two and I just want to make sure I choose wisely. Not being able to remove battery on Rzrz is already a main concern of mine. Thanks for your input though

OP
04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Believe there's a thread in the general discussion section of the forum.:p

Battery life isn't great, but that's not very accurate for me yet because I haven't really put the device down since I got it. Everything else is awesome:hail:

I looked all over and din't see one. I only saw one comparing to rezound..If I missed it, Am sorry. Dev support is also a major concern of mine as I am looking to have MIUI on either of these devices when the time comes..

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a reason to switch
32350125-d612-4169.jpg

And another
32350125-d648-2c9d.jpg

Sent from the cutting edge.

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Show me some nexus screen shots that are even close to that.

Sent from the cutting edge.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I looked very close at getting the RAZR. I can tell you without a doubt the Nexus Screen is 10 times better. It's better than any screen I've ever seen. The RAZR cannot produce anything but bright grey's.

I can also tell you that the form factor of the Nexus is very very slim and feels way greater in your hand than the RAZR.

The phone itself looks awesome with the completely black front. Like a stealth phone. The RAZR has Motorola's logo screaming at your from every angle.

Finally, ICS is extremely good and you know it will get the first updates for at least the next two to three years. Every update for a Moto Phone will take forever.

In fact I would say the Bionic is better than the RAZR just based on the screen. I switched from the Bionic to the Gnex and couldn't be happier.

The ONE thing that the Bionic has on the RAZR and the GNex is that the screen doesn't drain the battery as fast. But the screen on the GNex is so much better I can live with that.

JekyllandHyde

Reaction score
I can also tell you that the form factor of the Nexus is very very slim and feels way greater in your hand than the RAZR.

Really? Cause when I went to best buy and held each one the Gnex felt like a big cheap plastic toy compared to the razr. I was leaning towards the Gnex until I held it. Now I am planning on getting the razr.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rherron

Reaction score
I looked very close at getting the RAZR. I can tell you without a doubt the Nexus Screen is 10 times better. It's better than any screen I've ever seen. The RAZR cannot produce anything but bright grey's.

Did you leave the brightness setting on auto or set it to manual? If on manual what percentage did you set it on? Above 75% and the whites look very white to me. Auto brightness doesn't work well on the RAZR, in my opinion, but it odesn't work well on my Galaxy Tab either. I leave my RAZR set on 75% all the time and it looks great.