Galaxy Nexus Suffering From Random Reboots

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
One random reboot here. Weird, I thought I was getting an update. I'm on stock.unrooted.

gthotie5

Reaction score
3 weeks no random reboots until today.
I was trying to make a call and it started to lag a lot and wouldn't make the call then..BAM reboot -_-
It happened again when i was turning my screen on.
CDMA Running Code name Android ROM
:frown:

RedBank

Reaction score
VzW CDMA Yes

Random reboots approx under 5 times since purchase. I know two of them were even before I unlocked and rooted

Unlocked
Rooted
Stock

Vakharn

Reaction score
I haven't had a forced reboot yet. I've had to reboot a couple times to fix problems, but that's not unexpected.

Edit: CDMA Nexus, unrooted.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I never had any either but I'm not running stock ICS... rooted mine day 1 and have been running roms since they were available so maybe it's a stock ICS thing?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Only random reboots I ever had were when I started tweaking the voltages in SetCPU...as expected. I have had a couple times where the screen refuses to go to "home". I can open notifications or recent apps, but other than that, the screens black...happened today. And when it does this it starts getting hot, so I always pull the battery right away. It could just be a rogue app or the CPU being temperamental since I'm OCed. I haven't worried too much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Had the CDMA since New Year's Eve, and I've had only one reboot.

bthartley

Reaction score
Not one random reboot here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

goosedeath

Reaction score
Had a few random reboots before unlocking/rooting on my first Nexus. Second Nexus same. Random reboots after unlocking/rooting in both phones also. Once dialing out, most opening various apps. No custom roms here, cdma Nexus.
I think the batteries might be a root cause...

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

garfull

Reaction score
My GN has random rebooted 3 times. The first time was within the first week, that last was 2 weeks ago. There was no clear indication of why either. I think once it was coming out of the battery meter, the other two I want to say it was coming out of maps.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I did notice it was running hot earlier though, so there was probably a stuck process or something. Will have to investigate further.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said, this is an Android issue, always has been. My DroidX did it constantly on Froyo, GB and it was not until I moved to CM7 that it went away. My girlfriend had two TBolts, both did it no matter what version of Android she had on there.

You can search for almost any model phone with "name of phone" + "reboot" and a few threads will pop up. There is something in the OS itself that makes it prone to spontaneous reboots.

meaker

Reaction score
I've had my phone almost a month and have had about 5 reboots..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums