1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Galaxy Nexus Suffering From Random Reboots

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is going through some growing pains and this one is of the undesired kind. Wide spread reports of random reboots are plaguing the handset and users are jamming up Google's Support Forum looking for answers.

It does not appear to be isolated to the GSM version only. CDMA users are reporting the problem as well. To what extent we are unsure but we'd like to find out. Keep in mind there is no way to get an accurate barometer of what users are seeing the issue more, GSM or CDMA, because this site is dedicated to CDMA version but we are going to put the question to you, the readers, anyhow.

Are you seeing random reboots? If yes, CDMA/GSM?

Is it region dependent, area dependent or it does not matter? Does it happen while streaming music, playing games, or simply when the device is left to do nothing?

Source: Google Support
  2. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

Wow, that just reminded me to check my uptime - 357:34:25. Half a month I'd say no random reboots here. :)
  3. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Verizon Gn.reboot

My VZ GN has random reboots. Will happen more often with Https websites. I live near Seattle. Wife's GN has less reboots. She will usually have to pull the battery. I use alot more data. She reads alot with Kindle app.
  4. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

Never had a random reboot had it since launch day
  5. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Nope...no random reboots at all. Signal quality is sometimes less than stellar, but that's it. Phone is great otherwise.
  6. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

No reboots here.
  7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Crossing my fingers but I have not had one yet.
  8. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

I've had a couple the entire time owning my Nexus. But it was while testing different voltages on a couple diff kernels which is to be expected.

Other than that, this phone has been SOLID. :cool-b:
  9. sc00by71

sc00by71 New Member

I've seen a few reboots. Current uptime is 53:54:35
    Most of the reboots are when clicking an app and it hangs, then reboots. Random apps as well
    When I set screen off profile in setcpu min to 350mhz to tweak battery life it would reboot on its own, since bumping it to 700mhz min that has stopped.
  10. Mark_V

Mark_V New Member

No random reboots here (CDMA). Current up time of 63+ hours. My wife hasn't said anything about hers rebooting either. Wife's up time is 306+ hours.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  11. sc0rch3d

sc0rch3d New Member

no problems here. altho i can say the phone is quite smoother and less laggy after loading custom rom and kernel. i would like better signal, but most of my heavy data usage occurs in places where i can get wifi.
  12. bmkdroid

bmkdroid New Member

I had random reboots on the Nexus I purchased on launch day. Happened at first every couple of days but got more and more frequent as time went on.

I am on the CDMA LTE Verizon Nexus.

It usually happened when the phone was idle. I would send a text, finish a call, or just finish doing something on the phone, then return to the home screen and set the phone down. A few seconds later I would notice that the phone was booting up. Bummer!

Bad thing was, I don't really know if maybe it was rebooting more often than I noticed. Either way, called VZW and told them about it and had them ship a replacement. Sadly, VZW support handled the transaction poorly and ended up sending me 2 Nexus devices and attempted to charge me full price for one despite clearly being told it was a warranty replacement and I would NOT be charged. That is all cleared up now though and the Nexus I have currently seems to be working ok. The screen on this one is a bit disappointing as it is more grainy / blotchy at low brightness levels, but I can deal with it for now I suppose!
  13. bjrunkel

bjrunkel New Member

Galaxy Nexus Reboots

This has happened to me several times since I picked up my CDMA the day Verizon started selling the phone. It has never happened when I was using the phone although I have witnessed several random reboots.
  14. rowdyguy124

rowdyguy124 New Member

I get the random reboot every other week or so. But it's nothing I haven't seen on any of my droids before. Plus the boot time is 28 seconds so no complaints. :)
  15. creaky

creaky Member

Had some random reboots on the stock CDMA 4.0.2 rom before flashing a custom rom. No reboots since then!
  16. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR New Member

I've had mine since launch day and had my first (that I know of) random reboot today. I thought it might have something to do with one of the 3 new apps that I installed. It happened shortly after an intentional reboot due to the camera app hanging (for the second time since I've owned it), while the phone was sitting idle on my desk with the screen off.

I happened to check my up time just before the intentional reboot and it was at 150-some hours.
  17. CletusVanDam

CletusVanDam New Member

No reboots here.
  18. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I've had one or two random reboots, but most of my reboots are booting into recovery or when testing voltages. Overall, I'm still 110% satisfied with this phone.
  19. jawonder

jawonder New Member

No reboots for me all is good (CDMA) custom rom.
  20. baldybill

baldybill New Member

CDMA here in North Carolina. "Random" reboots here. Seems to only happen once in a blue moon and while I'm connecting to or from the Wireless Tethering. I chalked it up to that app being beta.
Search tags for this page
2xplain apk
cyanogen nexus 7 random reboot
cyanogenmod 10 rebooting galaxy nexus
galaxy nexus 4.3 shuts off randomly
galaxy nexus cyanogenmod random reboot

galaxy nexus random reboot

galaxy nexus restarting randomly
galaxy nexus restarts randomly
galaxy nexus spontaneous reboot
samsung galaxy s4 often reboots when clicking on an app