Galaxy Nexus Price And Availability Details

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-nexus-full-360.png

We have heard a lot of information come and go about the new Galaxy Nexus, but nothing has given us details about the launch price and availability, until now. According to a few sources, the following prices and availability will be true when the new pure Google phone is launched.

Here is the direct quote from the source:
The Galaxy Nexus will hit shelves in the United States, Norway, Japan, Canada and the UK first, starting in early to mid November. Verizon will be offering the Android 4.0 smartphone in the US, NTT DOCOMO will handle it in Japan. For the United Kingdom three carriers will offer the device - Three, Vodafone and O2 for a price range from £429 to about £515.
Next, the Nexus will hit Denmark, Finland and Sweden in late November and will cost 4400 DKK ($817), €649 ($897), 5500 SEK ($831), respectively. Sadly, the Netherlands will get the device some time in December for about the same price as Denmark - €649.
On the other hand, the UK retailer Clove has listed the 16GB version of the Galaxy Nexus for £514 including VAT and has been listed to arrive "early November".
From this we can deduce that the unsubsidized U.S. pricing will likely be around $800 dollars.

By WenWM

Source: Android.net via GSMArena

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Cant wait until smart phones are 2 grand $$! Strange they dont seperate prices for the 16 and the 32GB.

sparty569

Reaction score
I wonder what the subsidized prices will be?

I hope it isnt 16GB for $300 and 32GB for $400, or more.

nutpn

Reaction score
Whats so funny they prolly aint got 40 bucks in the whole thing,made in anywhere but the USA for pennies on the dollar

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope it's $199 for the 16gb and $299 for the 32, keep in line with the iPhone4S, as that will be it's major competition when the Nexus is released.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
That is a lot of money for a phone with out a contract. You could buy a couple tables for that price.

JSM a mod now? Congrats man!

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
I wonder what the subsidized prices will be?

I hope it isnt 16GB for $300 and 32GB for $400, or more.

did they say there is a microSD slot? buy the cheap one and stick something big in it!! ha

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my upgrade is right around the corner in December. Is this the one? Whats everyone thinking. I upgraded from my OG droid to a DX and have been upset with the limitations with development. I was always working for Droid Concepts with the OG but the X has been no fun. I haven't read much into this device but whats the chances the developers get a chance at this device?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
did they say there is a microSD slot? buy the cheap one and stick something big in it!! ha

As far as I know there actually is not a slot. I believe that is why they are offering 2 sizes.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So my upgrade is right around the corner in December. Is this the one? Whats everyone thinking. I upgraded from my OG droid to a DX and have been upset with the limitations with development. I was always working for Droid Concepts with the OG but the X has been no fun. I haven't read much into this device but whats the chances the developers get a chance at this device?

so long as it stays in line with the previous Nexus models, a Verizon Nexus will draw HUGE dev attention. I imagine even more so than the OG Droid, only because there are so many more people and devs wanting to learn about this stuff. Should be some awesome stuff coming...