Galaxy Nexus Price And Availability Details

???

Reaction score
i wonder if people are still making the choice between droids and the iphone based on price.

i kinda feel like they are not. but i could be wrong.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Take it for what it's worth, P3Droid just tweeted this. Seems like he thinks if it does come it will be for full price only ($700+)? It is a little confusing to follow the action on his twitter so what do you guys think? See the link at the bottom.

"I wouldnt sell any vzw phone in anticipation of getting the nexus..that would be a very bad idea!!"

Twitter

**He has, however, posted a couple home photos of the G-Nex so check out his pictures**

???

Reaction score
was looked at that just a bit ago.

i have a bad feeling the guy is right.. judging by the crap the thunderbolt went thru to get 4g working ok, cause most say its still not right, and the bonic was delayed what, a few months with no reason given. it very well may be because of 4g issues as well, so maybe he's right.

i'm surprised that they wouldn't find these signal issues till so close to a launch data. but it might take a long time to get the lte nexus's out. blah.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous. The phones only cost that much retail so they can jack-up the contract price. Costs them like $200-$250 all-in (incl. marketing and everything else) to make the phone....Sell it for $299 (already making a 20% margin) and then VZW kicks in another $200 or so.

I can't imagine an OEM making a phone that will only sell retail for $700+. You just won't sell many phones period and will lose your shirt, unless Google is subsidizing a boatload, which I doubt.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It will be Galaxy Nexus suicide if they don't offer this phone for a contract price.

Yes. It's idiotic to say otherwise. Probably at least 95% of smartphone sales are on contract. Perhaps the IPhone does a hair better.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Even if we were forced to buy it off contract, if it's $600 or less I would still buy it. I'm certainly not liking the drama that has arisen though. Where there is smoke there's usually fire...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know p3droid has been a reliable source on things, so I'm not flat out saying he's wrong, but I don't buy for one second that this phone won't be offered on contract.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'll worry about the price issue later...we've still got at least a couple more weeks to round up some cash. I'm more so worried about whether or not it will even come to Verizon. I am fully aware of the absurd amount of leaks with hints of Verizon, but P3Droid as well as Miami1683 (I don't know his legitimacy, but P3Droid has always steered me right) seem to be thinking that Verizon may reject the G-Nex. :blink:.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Why don't you all contact Verizon and let them know your displeasure at these rumors -- that you will consider (or WILL) leave VZW for another provider if they treat the GN like an unwanted child. Enough feedback can help guide their decisions.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Unfortunately, I would say that 90%+ of Verizon Employees probably have no idea what a Galaxy Nexus even is....in addition to the fact that I don't know how legitimate these rumors would even be considered seeing as how these rumors are simply twitter rumors.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I would say that 90%+ of Verizon Employees probably have no idea what a Galaxy Nexus even is....in addition to the fact that I don't know how legitimate these rumors would even be considered seeing as how these rumors are simply twitter rumors.

I sent an email through the website form, I don't mean stopping at the Verizon Wireless store. I don't know how much noise we'd really be making, but if they're getting a lot of emails about how we want this phone, that could help them make the decision we want them to.

Verizon is a business, they're not making decisions to be dicks, they're making them to make money.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Not very attractive, no sd card option, 5/1.3mp cameras, rumor has it that the verizon lte version will be thicker, very possibly expensive, the razr is looking better and better.

PS-p3droid says that the razr has Already been rooted

KingxDroid

Reaction score
how much credit will i be able to get when i upgrade my og droid towards this?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Not very attractive, no sd card option, 5/1.3mp cameras, rumor has it that the verizon lte version will be thicker, very possibly expensive, the razr is looking better and better.

PS-p3droid says that the razr has Already been rooted

Everything looks great on the razr minus the issue of it having a non-removable battery. Otherwise I wouldn't mind the razr. I'll most likely just keep using the OG if the Verizon G-Nex falls through.