Galaxy Nexus Price And Availability Details

htowngtr

Reaction score
LOL @ $800

Not a chance. More like $599 or $650.

Why do people use EMEA (europe) pricing? It's never equivalent. I would bet bottom dollar this phone won't be $799 off contract but more so what I stated above.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
so long as it stays in line with the previous Nexus models, a Verizon Nexus will draw HUGE dev attention. I imagine even more so than the OG Droid, only because there are so many more people and devs wanting to learn about this stuff. Should be some awesome stuff coming...

This is precisely what I am hoping for.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
sdcards are overrated these days. As long as there is enough space to store my apps, and a few hundred songs, I can still connect the device to my computer to move files back and forth or use the cloud.

I spent 50 dollars more on the 32 GB edition of the Touchpad, and it still has 28.8 Gigs free on the thing because I store most of anything I need in the cloud.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I hope it's $199 for the 16gb and $299 for the 32, keep in line with the iPhone4S, as that will be it's major competition when the Nexus is released.

I am with you on this one!!! If any higher I will have to choose another phone.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good god! $800? That cannot be right. Is so, I feel bad for anyone planning to buy this off contract.

To put this into perspective, for that price:
  • I could buy about 16 OG Droids off ebay
  • I could buy about 10 Samsung Fascinates off ebay
  • I could buy 2-3 Bionics off ebay
  • I could buy 2-3 tables
That's ridiculous.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
@sbenson - Your signature is kick ass.

Um, what happened to that speculation we had about the GNex fitting into a tablet shell, going with the "perfect combination" bit. I tell you this, somebody is missing out on some money to be made.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
sdcards are overrated these days. As long as there is enough space to store my apps, and a few hundred songs, I can still connect the device to my computer to move files back and forth or use the cloud.

I spent 50 dollars more on the 32 GB edition of the Touchpad, and it still has 28.8 Gigs free on the thing because I store most of anything I need in the cloud.

Same here, I actually find I hardly use my touchpad as my son always uses it to play PBS Kids. And I am in the process of moving everything to the multiple cloud drive accounts I utilize. Which actually works better for me cause I'm not limited to where I can have or share my files

Caesarg

Reaction score
Just speculation on my part but I would think they will list for $299 (16gb) and $349 or $399 (32gb). I could be wrong but if I am not mistaken for the most part all Verizon LTE phones are a minimum of $299 with a new contract (not counting discounts, etc.). Using the Bionic as an example - package deal at CostCo for maybe $249 for the 16gb and maybe $300-349 for the 32gb.

Just saying, however, as my wife often says - I could be wrong (and probably am)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh man can't wait!!!!!

Wish we could pre-order already:icon_ banana:

jcardona1

Reaction score
As much as I want this phone, I won't pay more than $300 for the subsidized version. Anything more and you just get into the realm of stupid expensive. I will have to look at the Razr or Rezovigorzound as alternative options.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Some of the internal storage, say 8 GB, will probably be dedicated to application storage, so it won't be available for media, files, etc.. If that's the case, then the 16GB model will have too little storage. Heck, even if all 16GB were available I'm not sure that it would be enough. I sure hope the 32GB model is not priced more than $299.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Some of the internal storage, say 8 GB, will probably be dedicated to application storage, so it won't be available for media, files, etc.. If that's the case, then the 16GB model will have too little storage. Heck, even if all 16GB were available I'm not sure that it would be enough. I sure hope the 32GB model is not priced more than $299.
time to go the way of the cloud

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Im actually wondering if tjey will have an internal memory card, that can supposedly be removed and changed for a larger one.....Kind of like how the Velocity Cruz tablets were designed....not sure if any phone had this feature before. But would be nice if we could open it up and change the amount of memory it would have. which case buy the smaller version and jus pop a new micro card in.

wishful thinking I know