Galaxy Nexus Price And Availability Details

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Not very attractive, no sd card option, 5/1.3mp cameras, rumor has it that the verizon lte version will be thicker, very possibly expensive, the razr is looking better and better.

PS-p3droid says that the razr has Already been rooted

I fail to see where the MP rating of the camera is an issue..... It has been proven that MP on Cameras does not mean a darn thing. It's the camera itself that makes the difference. It's why the iSheep 4 takes better pics than the Bionic.

As far as price...... This is where the masses have some power. Simply refuse to buy any phone at a higher price. The only way Companies will get the picture is; by having lots of phones stuck on the shelves. I laugh at people who say OH! I'd pay 400-800 for a phone... REALLY!? funny how even in this craptastic economy people will part with hard earned cash for a stinking phone. I don't care what the phone has.... If it's over 299 with a contract; Verizon can choke on it.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
Safe bet....Is $800 the price for the 16gig or 32gig? My math says phone used to retail for $600 and VZW would offer for $199...With LTE they started bumping that $249-$299. I think we might very well see the 32gig for $349-$399, unfortunately. And that will cause me to look long and hard at the RAZR.

This will kick me back to the Razr then again the way the money flow in my house has been going. Do to my wife been out of work for medical reason. (Short Term Pay Sucks) I LOL might have to reactivate my VM3 razr phone, my OG Droid is seeing it's last days. I just got my New Ever Two Year Upgrade but, even with $100.00 off still might be to high for my budget. I guess I'll just cry for now and hope for lower prices as time goes on. :crying:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Everything looks great on the razr minus the issue of it having a non-removable battery. Otherwise I wouldn't mind the razr. I'll most likely just keep using the OG if the Verizon G-Nex falls through.

It has it's pluses and minuses vs. the Nexus. I wouldn't necessarily call the RAZR an inferior phone. Only big plus for the Nexus is ICS, but the RAZR will get that soon enough. And it's got root, and even most on this board are probably fine with a locked bootloader so long as they can root.

In some ways I hope something dumb happens with the Nexus to make my decision easy.

Vito.a

Reaction score
This $800 price is purely speculation. Regardless, the Thunderbolt was $749 off contract from Best Buy during its debut.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This will kick me back to the Razr then again the way the money flow in my house has been going. Do to my wife been out of work for medical reason. (Short Term Pay Sucks) I LOL might have to reactivate my VM3 razr phone, my OG Droid is seeing it's last days. I just got my New Ever Two Year Upgrade but, even with $100.00 off still might be to high for my budget. I guess I'll just cry for now and hope for lower prices as time goes on. :crying:

Be very careful about going from a smart phone to a non-smart phone if you’re grandfathered into unlimited data. I did this and was told it had to go to some department to be approved to keep the unlimited data on a dumb phone.

I kept calling for the first few days to see if it was approved or not and they always told me I would receive a call in the next few days and it does not look like an issue and there should be no problem with the unlimited being approved on the dumb phone since I was grandfathered in already.

Verizon has A 14 day policy that lets you switch back any plan changes you made as long as you do it within 14 days of the change. So I called back on day 14 since I had not received the call saying the change had been approved and I would not lose my unlimited data. And guess what…the change was denied and they had no plans of calling me to tell me. I know about this policy but I’m not sure how many other people do so someone who does not know about this 14 day policy would have lost unlimited data.

If you have to buy a cheap android from ebay or craiglists so you don't lose unlimited data.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung just said it'll be available in the UK November 17th, and globally thereafter according to androidcentral and phandroid....so looks like the 10th may not be the date unless the US has a different release schedule

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung just said it'll be available in the UK November 17th, and globally thereafter according to androidcentral and phandroid....so looks like the 10th may not be the date unless the US has a different release schedule

Bummer. VZW site says the RAZR will ship by Nov10th if I order today. Not sure I can wait more than a few weeks to check-out the Nexus. Honestly the camera is probably the only real reason I'm interested in the Nexus vs. the RAZR.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Bummer. VZW site says the RAZR will ship by Nov10th if I order today. Not sure I can wait more than a few weeks to check-out the Nexus. Honestly the camera is probably the only real reason I'm interested in the Nexus vs. the RAZR.

The camera and the SCREEEEEEN!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah I dont think I'm going to be doing any flashing of ROMs as ICS seems to be pretty good, but I think I'd still pick the NExus just so I can theme.

chewy74

Reaction score
...end of November...

or I quit you g nexus

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honestly, $800 for a smartphone is utterly ridiculous. I didn't pay half that for my six month old laptop.

Smartphones are getting too expensive, and it really wouldn't surprise me to see people start picking up basic phones again.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

???

Reaction score
i'm due for a new phone on 11/11 and i bet the gnex won't show up over here till atleast thanksgiving.

going to be a long long month of reading all the reviews and about the next great phone coming to them before we even see a lte one.

blah... makes me kinda miss tmobile a bit. but with this data crap, they pretty much have me stuck with verizon.

???

Reaction score
17th is for the gsm ones in other country's i believe