Galaxy Nexus No Longer Launching on December 9?

305rev305

Reaction score
Got my new phone today. OG gave up the fight and I gave up on all this nonsense. It started long before the Bionic. Remember the first Google only phone sold by Google. 1st Debacle led all the way to the now Nexus debacle. When Google gets their heads out of their asses I might switch back. They make great products but are a terrible customer focused company. They don't get end users. I don't care if this is all VZ's fault. Google needs to take the reigns and tell VZ to shove it up their pie holes.

I'm currently playing with my new iOS 5.0 and all its smooooooothness. I have 30 days in case Google decides to become an actual corporation that knows how to do something properly.

Good for you... I'm debating myself if I should jump as well. I'm getting tired of this crap

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
This is a message from someone from Another forum who claims his sun works for Verizon. Take it for what it is worth.

I don't know if its me just being optimistic, but this makes perfectly good sense to me. Another reason why I am going to be there an hour and a half before the store opens.. Just in case.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
305 I made the switch to try it out with the holiday return policy I figured I'd try it. Definitely a very nice device (iPhone 4s). Apps work wonderfully, good camera, extremely smooth. However I have to say I'm not a fan of the all glass front/back... It's making me so paranoid, but I hate bulky cases that hide phones lol. Also, I hate some of the limitations as far as apps working together eg posting photos straight to about anything on my droid vs iPhone only having twitter integration and also the restriction to only being able to downloads apps less than 20MB on 3G. I could go on for a while about what I personally like / dislike though, go check one out in store!

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Ah, and do t now how to edit the post with tapatalk, but I'm almost 100% sure I'm returning my 4s for the nexus! I miss you android :(

305rev305

Reaction score
Ah, and do t now how to edit the post with tapatalk, but I'm almost 100% sure I'm returning my 4s for the nexus! I miss you android :(

I feel the same way as well. As much as I want to just get the iphone and stop dealing with this nexus dilema, I can't imagine myself with a phone full of boring apps only on my homescreen. I know the iphone works damn well but it's too boring. I'll just wait for my nexus...

pilot25

Reaction score
Good for you... I'm debating myself if I should jump as well. I'm getting tired of this crap

I have played with the iphone before but have never owned one. Getting to handle it for a few hours vs. a few minutes is a better comparison for me. Coming from the OG I can say it's really different. It's faster, obviously everything is faster than the OG, and easier but definitely don't have as many choices to change things around with. I'm not sure if that is good or bad yet. I'm not a rooter or look at the device as entertainment. It provides me with entertainment but I don't think customizing is entertaining as many of you do. To each is own.

I'm going to give it a whirl for a couple weeks and if the Nexus comes out I might exchange it but we'll see. My OG up and died this afternoon so I had no choice but to get something for the short term. Moto will never get money from me again so the best phone available was the 4S.

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If you knew anything about how these companies work, I'd discuss this, but you've proved that you'd rather complain about Android and then buy an Iphone.

You got the best phone for you, the same one I'd buy my 10 year old.

Seriously, the derogatory comments like this aren't called for. I see several others liked it, I didn't.

I bolded the section to let you know which part was what I don't like at all.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I think its still releasing but they just are trying to mislead everyone.... I personally think Its ridiculous doing that as a company...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think its still releasing but they just are trying to mislead everyone.... I personally think Its ridiculous doing that as a company...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I agree. It would be nice to know the true cause of the hold up, whether it is LTE problems or legal wranglings. I would much prefer legal wranglings. It sucks they don't say anything because it leaves everything wide open to speculation.

poooookah78

Reaction score
You know... I've finally hit my breaking point w/ VZW. Honestly, if I wasn't grandfathered into the data package, I'd have switched to ATT weeks ago to get the GS2. First it was the Bionic clusterF@#$ back in the very beginning of the year, now this. WTF VZW? I'm officially over the excitement... VZW has officially ruined this launch.....

jeff0r3

Reaction score
I just think someone needs to tell me.. Do I need to be at VZW friday morning at opening time.. Or should I sleep in... Sleep is important to me.. But I'd deal without it for the Galaxy Nexus!!

spectredroid

Reaction score
Looks like I'm gonna drop by my local store tomorrow and find out.
I'll probably call friday morning anyway......just to bug'em

Yeah. I am going to be there Friday too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hugg727

Reaction score
I have played with the iphone before but have never owned one. Getting to handle it for a few hours vs. a few minutes is a better comparison for me. Coming from the OG I can say it's really different. It's faster, obviously everything is faster than the OG, and easier but definitely don't have as many choices to change things around with. I'm not sure if that is good or bad yet. I'm not a rooter or look at the device as entertainment. It provides me with entertainment but I don't think customizing is entertaining as many of you do. To each is own.

I'm going to give it a whirl for a couple weeks and if the Nexus comes out I might exchange it but we'll see. My OG up and died this afternoon so I had no choice but to get something for the short term. Moto will never get money from me again so the best phone available was the 4S.

Did you consider the Rezound??? Reviews are good so far.