Galaxy Nexus No Longer Launching on December 9?

pilot25

Reaction score
I have also heard rumblings that it could be over Google Wallet. Verizon signed something a while back that stated that they would not block competing apps on their phones and the way they are handling Google Wallet apparently voids that "peace treaty", if you will. They are back pedalling and saying that they aren't "blocking" the app, but it is different than other apps so they can't just let it work on their network. There is a post here on the forums about it I believe.

Source: Could Google Wallet be the cause of the Galaxy Nexus delay?

Very possible. Lots of conflicting stories coming from VZ and Google in the last couple days. With Google's power they should start their own network and dump the traditional carriers.

jleeusa

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the local Verizon store, and I was asking him about this phone. He told me they weren't allowed to say anything about it, but he did say "Off the record, if you come in Friday, you won't be disapointed."

One thing I was wondering. Does anybody know if this phone will have Swype installed on it? I do allot of texting, and I'd really like to have that.

I read today NO Swype. I'm sure that could change in the not so distant future.

alienware777

Reaction score
Swype is a third party app, it won't come installed. You can easily download it and install it though.

bigeric828

Reaction score
swype stated it won't be compatible for a while. I'll try to dig up the source later.

Insidious

Reaction score
Another Bionic much? :b jk that's a bummer though. My friend is getting the Nexus and will probably be dissapointed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pilot25

Reaction score
Got my new phone today. OG gave up the fight and I gave up on all this nonsense. It started long before the Bionic. Remember the first Google only phone sold by Google. 1st Debacle led all the way to the now Nexus debacle. When Google gets their heads out of their asses I might switch back. They make great products but are a terrible customer focused company. They don't get end users. I don't care if this is all VZ's fault. Google needs to take the reigns and tell VZ to shove it up their pie holes.

I'm currently playing with my new iOS 5.0 and all its smooooooothness. I have 30 days in case Google decides to become an actual corporation that knows how to do something properly.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it was Google's fault, the phone wouldn't be released all over the planet except for the US.

Hell even Canada is still getting it Friday.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Another Bionic much? :b jk that's a bummer though. My friend is getting the Nexus and will probably be dissapointed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Yea I've been starting to think the same thing... the stank is starting to build up around it.... (something that rhymes with duck) :cus:why can't they just get one right without stinking it up?

I'm still holding out and hoping for good reviews on this one. At best the Razr will be cheaper after the nexus release.

pilot25

Reaction score
If it was Google's fault, the phone wouldn't be released all over the planet except for the US.

Hell even Canada is still getting it Friday.

Doesn't matter the buck stops....

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you knew anything about how these companies work, I'd discuss this, but you've proved that you'd rather complain about Android and then buy an Iphone.

You got the best phone for you, the same one I'd buy my 10 year old.

pilot25

Reaction score
If you knew anything about how these companies work, I'd discuss this, but you've proved that you'd rather complain about Android and then buy an Iphone.

You got the best phone for you, the same one I'd buy my 10 year old.

Oh, I know how these companies work. I work for a tech company and it's as dysfunctional as the rest of them.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This is a message from someone from Another forum who claims his sun works for Verizon. Take it for what it is worth.

Here is what's going on at Verizon, yesterday they sent out updated Equipment guide with a date and a price for the Nexus, I was informed from my son who works tech support that employees are not supposed to give any details or even talk about a device unless it shows in the equipment guide with both a release date and price...the two things included in yesterdays release. That brought on an onslaught of Verizon Retail employees calling potential customers making appointments, the press is talking this release date of Dec. 9th up and you can feel the excitement in the air.

Last night Verizon executives get wind of what was happening with their Retail employees and how the media had gotten wind of the Dec. 9th launch date and was basically calling it official....remember Verizon wants this to go as a soft launch and this thing blew up in their face, so how do you stop the media...their employees and how do they make more friends? They change the equipment guide and remove the release date thus closing the door on the employees being able to talk about the device...it puts out the "Coming soon" and the media jumps on that killing two birds with one stone!

As my son said, Verizon jumped the gun and included to much information on the original equipment guide and once they realized the employees were allowed to act and talk as they did because of the information provided by there own executives they had no choice but remove the release date.

My son did see the new equipment guide today and it does say "Coming Soon" but he believes that it will still be released on Friday Dec. 9th...remember Verizon has already shipped the product to retail stores and reseller stores so it is happening and soon so everyone just chill!
cool.gif

Credit: eyetek Source