G2 unable to send/receive MMS/pics

devdeuce

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but i haven't loaded any new apps for months and the problem just started. Also, it happened last time after powering phone on in an area with no reception. Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but phone acts REALLY sluggish when doing this. It also happened once when i tried attaching a photo and hit send before it converted the photo. On that occasion i deleted that particular photo and it fixed the problem until yesterday's occurrence. Maybe those circumstances will tell someone much smarter than i something.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but i haven't loaded any new apps for months and the problem just started. Also, it happened last time after powering phone on in an area with no reception. Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but phone acts REALLY sluggish when doing this. It also happened once when i tried attaching a photo and hit send before it converted the photo. On that occasion i deleted that particular photo and it fixed the problem until yesterday's occurrence. Maybe those circumstances will tell someone much smarter than i something.
I will check also and see if receiving a photo when my data network is turned off causes mine to act up again. That's the only way I'll be able to mimic no service that I can think of other than airplane mode.
Yes my battery life goes to crap when it happens, Android system being a bigger user than my screen.
Crud, that didn't work. Photo came in fine after I turned data on

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'm just curious. Why blame KK if it just started? The KK update has been out for a month or so now.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I wasn't really blaming kitkat but was merely pointing out that others had blamed it on that. And as far as i know, nobody had this problem prior to the update. I have absolutely no idea what actually causes the problem but am hopeful someone will figure it out.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Are you using the stock messaging app, or the VZW Messaging app?

devdeuce

Reaction score
I use stock. Turning on safe mode and back again has worked for several days now.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So you're having to do this daily, or it was done a few days ago and it's lasting? That's still strange why you're having problems. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Maybe try the VZW Messaging? I actually like it better. I've been using it since trying out the M8 for a month. Hated the phone, but loved the app. I found it in the Play Store and installed it on my G2 and 3 this week. It's great because it keeps all the texts that I sent no matter when or where.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I have only had to do this once so far luckily. I know other's problems have been worse and happen with all messaging apps. Hopefully mine's fixed, but without knowing what causes it, i expect it to return

devdeuce

Reaction score
It happened again, this time when i tried to attach a photo from Google plus in a text message. Once again, now none of the photos from any of my text messages show up. Certainly something is not right and hopefully someone is working on a fix.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ran into this scenario the other day. I tried to make the stock messaging app the default. It kept asking if I want to make Tablet Talk the default, no option to make Messaging or Handcent the default and the bug reappeared after . It asked if I wanted to make TT the default but when I tapped it it wouldn't change. I uninstalled Tablet Talk, bug was still there, I put phone in safe mode, took it back out, bug was gone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk