Froyo on the X

oCxTiTaN

Reaction score
rooted and with efuse now circumvented/kill switch found dancedroid

yellar

Reaction score
I am suprised with August just a week away their has been no other leaked info on froyo to the droid or droid x. I fooled around with roms on my droid and saw the difference froyo made on it now I want it on my X even if it is just stock :)

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Soooo... Froyo is set to hit DX sometime SOON? I was just wondering... Like said above, my D1 is rooted and on Honey Bun 5.0 lol (2.2 actually) and I love it that downgrading to 2.1 on my DX is heartbreaking!!!! Can't wait...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Rumor has it Froyo might start rolling out from Aug 6. Hope it's true :).

It won't be rolling to the X on the 6th.....(a Birdie told me)

soulpatch

Reaction score
Well I will give it a week or so to see when 2.2 is gonna be down and see the changes that makes. I will be rooting most likely anyway but with summer here and prime motorcycle season I guess I can deal with stock 2.2 if it gets here fast...

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Fyi Froyo already exists for the X. Take a look over at MyDroidworld there is a screen shot of the About screen. And even better yet it is rooted as the pic was taken with Drocap2

Reaction score
Verizon is mum...

I have a good relationship with two Verizon Business account managers... Emailed them on the 2.2 update for the Droid X, here's the response:

They haven't given us an official date either.... they always tell us last because they have such a problem with people leaking information... they are playing their cards really close to the chest now.

Not saying that's gospel, but she's always given me 'leaked' type of info in the past. I would question the validity of any Verizon Leaks.

Jkizzy

Reaction score
yes if any one still has the froyo 2.2.6 leaked file for the droid X coul;d you please send it to me i would appreciate it

mac16

Reaction score
all I know is when I went to the verizon store to play with the X today, I downloaded quadrant and CPI benchmark from the market onto the X and ran them against my droid. my highest droid quadrant score thus far has been a 1575, and on CPUbenchmark 768ms. the droid x right out of the box, scored an 1135 on quadrant, and somewhere aroudn 936ms seek time on CPUbenchmark. With nyumbers like these, at this point the only advantages the X has are its larger/cleaner screen and the 8MP camera. still, as soon as we get some serious ROMs going on for it, custom themes and kernels, you can bet your ass ill be buying one!!!

Not buying it. Your phone is not stock if its getting 1500+.

Stock 2.2 Quadrant scores? - Android Forums

And if were talking 2.2 I have seen droid X's beat the 1500 number you posted.

But then again you are the only trying to claim the Droid has superior hardware to the droid X so I don't really know why Im posting this.