Froyo Here For The Droid X

akappy332

Reaction score
im getting the signature error and it sais no such directory or file and i have the update in the right place as well.
Did you:

- Remove any theme
- Put all bloatware back in place

and if you had previously setup Koush's bootstrap:

- delete hijack, remove logwrapper, rename logwrapper.bin

?

I've done all this. I've also tried two different return to stock methods. I've tried clockwork roms, and i've unrooted/ rerooted, and checked to make sure the su was in the right spot along w/ fixing the koush problems... but still not successful at updating to froyo

InfamousDX

Reaction score
Any else getting random reboots while hanging up on an action, like opening an app? This is probabl the 3rd time since upgrading.

Eolly

Reaction score
im getting the signature error and it sais no such directory or file and i have the update in the right place as well.
Did you:

- Remove any theme
- Put all bloatware back in place

and if you had previously setup Koush's bootstrap:

- delete hijack, remove logwrapper, rename logwrapper.bin

?

I've done all this. I've also tried two different return to stock methods. I've tried clockwork roms, and i've unrooted/ rerooted, and checked to make sure the su was in the right spot along w/ fixing the koush problems... but still not successful at updating to froyo
If you know how to flash the sbf that is the only way I was able to get it up. There is a .apk that is hanging up. Each person is slightly different. But once you get the stock phone back it will work.

Before you hard reset/ flash the sbf I suggest this.

visit this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...alfonsos-how-manually-activate-vzw-phone.html
do what he suggest to program your phone. Only dont change any thing.
write down the min mdn and cdma numbers. email them save them on your pc whatever.

when you flash your phone there is a chance it wont accept the programing because of a software bug that wont send it since the phone is already "programed" in their database. Ive had to do this twice this week. Today I had to go to verizon to get them to program the phone. After I left I used the above method to find out the info and wrote it in a email and sent it to myself and then archived it for future use.

joeyboots13

Reaction score
Alright, im new to all this so im a bit nervous. If i have koush's droid x recovery do i still have to move the hijack file and logwrapper files and rename the bin if i download load the update with rom manager? It maybe a stupid question but i don't have alot of free time to fix my phone if i "f" it up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johaBBa

Reaction score
I started with:

- Rooted 2.1u1. Bloat moved to /sdcard/vzbloat
- No themes
- No Koush recovery
- No ADB setup. Just Terminal Emulator.

I copied the bloat back to /system/apps. Rebooted to recovery to clear cache. Then followed the original post by p3droid himself:

Link Removed
Now rocking 2.2. Flash games from Kongregate: Play free games online at fullscreen are lovely. dancedroid

scf

Reaction score
Almost everything working just fine here. Can't get GPS to play nicely though. In maps it cannot find my location. Icon in status bar shows up, but it just can't find me.

fapowjones

Reaction score
Never had a theme or had the koush bootstrap thing and didn't delete any bloatware only stuff i deleted were things that you can get rid of with out root

zachcr250

Reaction score
im having troubles here. every time i do the update zip in flash mode it says cant find file, can use some help please.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Does Launcher pro need to be removed/ uninstalled in order to update to 2.2? It might just be my phone...why I'm not able to update bc I really just renamed about 10 files, uploaded wireless tether and that's it...so nothing complex, no themes, no nothing, but still the signature verification error and the cache error (which on previous droids you could just "ignore" from what I've read)....don't know...hopefully whatever issue I have right now won't keep me from getting the true 2.2 release.....