Foxfi

cbreze

Reaction score
Only problem is im not rooted. Thats why foxfi is extremely useful

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
Understood. Just sayin'. Another incentive to possibly consider rooting if foxfi no longer slides under the radar. I've actually heard of some rooted users using foxfi. Anyway, just thought it worth mentioning.

Reaction score
cbreze said:
Understood. Just sayin'. Another incentive to possibly consider rooting if foxfi no longer slides under the radar. I've actually heard of some rooted users using foxfi. Anyway, just thought it worth mentioning.

Well should i get busted i may have to root away.

n813ca

Reaction score
xbox

Well the person that got into trouble was using it for XBOX. Huge data usage. That is my guess. RESPECT IT.

Reaction score
n813ca said:
Well the person that got into trouble was using it for XBOX. Huge data usage. That is my guess. RESPECT IT.

Could be. Ive used it twice for about an hour each time on xbox live at my bro in laws. Have only used about a gig and a half including my normal usage.

geoff5093

Reaction score
If he was just gaming then there isn't much data being transferring when gaming, it's the downloading of updates, addons, etc that use a lot of data.

Trash Can

Reaction score

At least two others reported the same thing, although they left out details of their circumstances.

I believe VZW stated that they will not restrict/throttle those on 4G data plans, although they reserve the right to do so. Either way, the question that remains is how did VZW know it was tethered data versus regular usage? Screw up on the user's part or was something detected?

Reaction score
Trash Can said:
At least two others reported the same thing, although they left out details of their circumstances.

I believe VZW stated that they will not restrict/throttle those on 4G data plans, although they reserve the right to do so. Either way, the question that remains is how did VZW know it was tethered data versus regular usage? Screw up on the user's part or was something detected?

That's exactly what I would like to know

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
n813ca said:

Just browsing the RAZR forum for any updates on your updates.. Saw your post.
I've used FoxFi for xBox, Bf3 specifically. The only con that I found? The xBox only remembers one wifi at a time. Other than that it was terrific, 4G is fast enough to allow online gaming on huge maps with flawless Gameplay, there was no lag at all. Of course, this was from my Bionic, but considering we're practically brother-phones it should be the same.

The data?
20MB per HOUR. Amazing, isn't it? Don't even know how it was possible. The only thing is you should probably charge your phone in 30 minute cycles to prevent overheating.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just browsing the RAZR forum for any updates on your updates.. Saw your post.
I've used FoxFi for xBox, Bf3 specifically. The only con that I found? The xBox only remembers one wifi at a time. Other than that it was terrific, 4G is fast enough to allow online gaming on huge maps with flawless Gameplay, there was no lag at all. Of course, this was from my Bionic, but considering we're practically brother-phones it should be the same.

The data?
20MB per HOUR. Amazing, isn't it? Don't even know how it was possible. The only thing is you should probably charge your phone in 30 minute cycles to prevent overheating.
What's your NAT Type?

And I use my phone for my Xbox. Data usage is minimal. In fact, I can rack up higher usage easily using the Netflix or YouTube apps on my phone.

AOKP

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
brad92 said:
What's your NAT Type?

And I use my phone for my Xbox. Data usage is minimal. In fact, I can rack up higher usage easily using the Netflix or YouTube apps on my phone.

AOKP

You're going to have to tell me where I can find out where that is, it sounds familiar but I can't think of where it would be

Reaction score
hAHAha Halo said:
You're going to have to tell me where I can find out where that is, it sounds familiar but I can't think of where it would be

Go into your network settings and i believe it's in there.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either Network settings on the Xbox, or most online games list it.

Mines moderate, but I've been trying to figure out how to get open.

Onyx AOKP

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm going to have to look into Verizon knowing and how they know. Every time I watch YouTube on iPad my data jumps another 500mb lol.

OP
B

Brad91

Reaction score
You know I have been using foxfi on my droid x for a couple months then upgraded 45 days ago and have been using it on my RAZR maxx. I have not been charged anything extra ever. And before foxfi I had ALWAYS used PDA net on my droid x for years and PDA net on my droid 1 before that . I have unlimited data and average around 12 gigs a month. No worries. I'm not worried about a thing!

starwolf1336

Reaction score
I'm on my first new week and i'm already up to 15 gigs on usage. Thank God I have my unlimited plan XD

Sent from my DROID RAZR