Foxfi.......old version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wopback

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of people are having trouble with the new paid version of foxfi. Until they fix it, please feel free to use the 1.91 version. I saved it on my 4shared account. You will need to sign in to download though.

Also, make sure unknown sources is checked in your settings. Its an apk, you DO NOT need to be rooted..... hope it helps!

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
I see about 45 downloads. Anyone have questions or issues?

jspine01

Reaction score
Thanks!

Wopback! I had to register just to say thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for, and it was a huge help! I guess this teaches me to enable the auto-update on my apps.

lemonParty

Reaction score
Registered to say thanks!! Apparently, this version doesn't include their sneaky auto-update! Sleazy FoxFi devs...

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I haven't side-loaded anything on this phone. Could you please explain how to install this. or is as simple as downloading directly to the phone, and opening it up from the downloaded file? Does anyone know if this version will work once we get JellyBean?

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
I haven't side-loaded anything on this phone. Could you please explain how to install this. or is as simple as downloading directly to the phone, and opening it up from the downloaded file? Does anyone know if this version will work once we get JellyBean?

Many ways to install it. You could email it to yourself and download the .apk to your phone. You could also download the .apk file to your computer, hook your phone up to it, and do a drag-drop unto your phone. I guess we'll see if it'll work on JB, but I want to say it'll work.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Rageboardr said:

You just need to click on the android when you open the APK file.

Then make sure unknown sources is checked and press open...

TheeMahn

Reaction score
Thanks, fella not from me.

It is amazing feat for me to take the time to register on any forum. I am registering for one of my admin. Thank you sir, his internet is now un-disrupted on his phone. I do try and take care of my admin. I have thought of hosting the file, I feel not much time from now the dev will force you to take that link down & do not need a battle of legality. None the less thank you.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
If you read the foxfi description in Google play it tells you most phones do not work using foxfi wifi mode with JB. They also give a link to a page that tell you what devices foxfi works on. I am not even sure if they going to update the app to work with JB, which really sucks. It is almost as if they are telling us to choose between foxfi and JB

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Please keep in mind that what I am sharing is a free version app. This is not the paid version.

I often prefer older versions of certain apps because I like the layout or they function better. I even used an old droid forums version because I liked the layout better.

Unless we are FORCED to download all app updates then I am not in the wrong. Many of these downloads are people who paid the 7$ and the app does not work.

Thanks for the feedback.....

lbsonofdanger

Reaction score
registered to say thanks

This is why everyone should always save old copies of all .apks. Especially awesome apps like this. I am using it now to tell you thanks.

awd1315

Reaction score
Thank You So So So Very Much Wopback!!!!!!!!

I (like most people) had this set to auto-update and I did not read the new terms about data usage however thanks to you I now have the old version back & have set it to not auto-update!!!

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Only bad thing is that Foxfi may not be compatible with JB (from what Sprint users are saying).

Hopefully by the time Verizon S3 gets JB, the paid version will be compatible.

v188

Reaction score
Wopback, thanks for the assist. It's working great.

I do have two questions, as I'm not very techie:

1. It doesn't show up in the Play Store, as I wanted to make sure it wasn't set to automatically update. Any idea why it doesn't show up?

2. When my Razr Maxx updates to the new Jelly Bean, since it doesn't show up, how do I go about deleting it?

Anyway thanks a million!!!!! I bought the wifey an Ipad and want to use the wifi when we're on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.