Police Radio App Available

mitchb2

Reaction score
$1.49 is not that much dude...

I agree, but this is like me charging someone $1.49 to hit ctrl-D on their keyboard for them. :)

Oh, well, if the app is useful for someone then that's great. Usefulness will set the market price.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
There are a whole lot of sites that do radio feeds. If you like listening to other cities across the country, then it's a great thing.. I use my scanner for information pertaining to what I am doing at that moment, and fiddling with a radio feed, especially if it buffers too much, to me is kind of useless.

I know lots of other people like to listen to scanner feeds from other places, so, I am sure someone would find a good use for the app.

Now, all we need is ATCS Monitor for the Droid, and I would be a very happy man.

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
I can get this for free just by bookmarking any of the many, many sites that stream police/fire/emergency feeds.

$1.49 is 50% more than I've paid for apps that do something unique and special.

yes but this app allows you to search for feeds by Country>State>County> ...
Very handy when traveling just click through the list instead of messing with a website.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this an AF joke?

Can the radio in the driod even pick up these freqencies?

It feeds thru this ap which by the way it cos a buck fifty, should have a try before you buy option:icon_eek:

And how does the APP get the data in the first place? Then does it narrow your results to your area?

Agree, without a try b4 buy, I'm out...To many questions...

Another police scanner app uses RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference as their source. As for the "try b4 buy" you have 24 hours to get a refund if it doesn't work for you.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this an AF joke?

It feeds thru this ap which by the way it cos a buck fifty, should have a try before you buy option:icon_eek:

And how does the APP get the data in the first place? Then does it narrow your results to your area?

Another police scanner app uses RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference as their source. As for the "try b4 buy" you have 24 hours to get a refund if it doesn't work for you.

I might give this a try.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Is this an AF joke?

You do know that every app you download from the Market is refundable correct? It's in Google's policy. I've never downloaded and installed a paid app that I wasn't able to refund and I've refunded enough apps to feel a little guilty lol. Perhaps people are uninstalling from Settings which causes some kind of conflict. My practice is: if it's a free app, uninstall it from wherever (Settings, Astro, Market, etc... If it's a paid app, go into the Market and uninstall/refund from there. You do that and you can install as many paid apps as you want. Just keep in mind the charge does go on your card temporarily, so don't go overboard if you have chump change in your bank account.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is too cool. Is it in real time?

I kinda wish they had more on here tho, in my county theres only 1 police department rideo on here, maybe thats it? i dono man.

Fun tho!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Purchased and all it does is FC everytime. Uninstalled. Out $1.49. ooh well. Such is life.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Purchased and all it does is FC everytime. Uninstalled. Out $1.49. ooh well. Such is life.

If you uninstalled within the 24hr period you should not be charged. Let us know!

Haha yea I really hope you uninstalled it thru the market to get the refund... I tried 2 police scanners that were paid and Radio Time that was like 3 bucks... uninstalled and refunded the ones i didnt like. I always try everything then refund if its not my style, might as well.

Darkseider

Reaction score

If you uninstalled within the 24hr period you should not be charged. Let us know!

Will do. Went through the market for the refund. Looks like a cool app but keeps FC'ing whenever I open it. No biggie. When the next few updates for it come out I will try it again.

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
mitch - i see what your saying... is that what the app does, point you to a web page?
No the app lets you pick as many feeds and you like based on Country>State>County> then stores them in a favorites list. Then you can play and favorite you like with a simple tap on the item.

mitchb2

Reaction score
mitch - i see what your saying... is that what the app does, point you to a web page?

I have no idea, but I regret undercutting the devs. I'm very sorry for that.

I agree with what others have said...test drive the app and decide.

I was just giving the alternative that I use, which is to navigate to one of the feed sites in my browser, choose the direct link to the feed I want, and bookmark it.

An app that allows you to organize several feeds in one place may be extremely useful to some people, depending on what you're looking for.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know how to find Police Radio stations on 'Radio Time'? It says you can but i dono where. I want this app for the price more than the other two i see only cause the others seemed to FC a few times, their UI isnt very nice... plus Radio Time has full radio stations too...

anyone?